Chapter 86 Not a single word

In Cui Mansion, apart from Madam Xie, there is also Lan Xia who sincerely welcomes Meng Yuantang's arrival.

On the night of the accident, Lan Xia happened to be on vacation to visit relatives and did not encounter Meng Yuantang's true face. After the incident, Madam Min immediately sent Meng Yuantang away, sold many slaves, and threatened little Xie Miao several times. If she dared to talk too much, she would be ruined.

Faced with threats from her relatives, little Xie Miao had no choice but to compromise, while Fu Lu remained tight-lipped and did not reveal any clues to Lan Xia.

The careless Lan Xia was kept in the dark and truly believed that Meng Yuantang was the amiable, friendly and considerate young cousin in her memory. Therefore, seeing Fu Lu's unhappy look, she misunderstood her.

"Fu Lu." She winked at Fu Lu and joked with a smile, "Why do you lose your soul as soon as Young Master Cousin comes? Are you at a loss as to what to do?"

Fu Lu denied it with a straight face, "I don't, you've got it wrong."

Lan Xia has a good relationship with her, so she has no scruples about talking in private, "Fu Lu, you can't deceive me. You used to like Young Master Cousin, why don't you still-"

"Lan Xia!" Fu Lu interrupted her with a livid face and scolded her sternly: "If you talk nonsense again, be careful I will make you look good!"

She has always had a good temper and treated Lan Xia like her own sister. When was she ever so angry?

Lan Xia was stunned by the scolding, and her eyes instantly turned red, "Fu Lu, when uncle and his wife made things difficult for us, it was because the Young Master was a nice person and helped us in every way. Even if you like him, I will never make fun of you."

Seeing her grievance and crying, Fu Lu suddenly felt soft in her heart: Lan Xia didn't know why. She only remembered how good Meng Yuantang was, and remembered that she once admired Meng Yuantang... but she didn't know that he was actually a beast with a human face and a beast's heart.

"Listen carefully." Fu Lu still had a straight face and said coldly: "I am the Young Lady's maid, he is the Young Lady's cousin. I am a servant, he is the master. I will never have anything to do with him, you understand?"

Lan Xia answered yes, but after being taught a lesson for no reason at all, she felt somewhat angry. Not only could she not eat, she also didn't want to talk to Fu Lu.

Xie Miao saw this and was secretly surprised. After washing up at night, she sat in front of the dressing table and wiped her hands, looking sideways at Lan Xia, "Come, tell me. Why did you and Fu Lu have a conflict?"

It was okay for her not to ask, but when she asked, it pierced Lan Xia's heart. She immediately choked up and told about Fu Lu scolding her.

Xie Miao was silent.

The completely opposite perceptions made the two maids treat Meng Yuantang very differently, but that past incident... was really not suitable to tell Lan Xia.

She said: "Fu Lu is eighteen years old and is a big girl. You shouldn't make fun of her and men."

Lan Xia murmured in a low voice: "This slave just saw that Fu Lu was absent-minded, so I said a few more words. I will never said anything again."

"As long as you understand."

After a while, she suddenly said: "Lan Xia, do you still remember what I told you when we left the Meng Mansion?"

Lan Xia stood up straight and said respectfully, "This slave remembers."

"Explain."

"You said that after leaving the Meng Mansion, bury everything that happened inside in your heart, and not a single word is allowed to come out."