Chapter 79 Minor injuries

After a lot of trouble, Xie Miao finally returned to the room.

The wax oil drips and condenses into lines of candle tears. She sat down at the table, looking at the silver hairpin in her hand under the dim candlelight.

It looks extremely ordinary, with a shiny silver hairpin body and a double-leaf ginkgo pattern at the tail. The lines are smooth, simple and concise.

Such an ordinary thing really doesn't look like Cui Muli's handiwork.

She rubbed the double-leaf ginkgo, touching the bumps with her fingertips. She turned over the hairpin and saw six small characters engraved on the back.

Happy birthday to A-Miao.

Xie Miao immediately understood that Cui Muli had probably made the hairpin himself.

So much trouble, ah...

There was no movement in her eyes. She threw the hairpin away, suddenly thinking of Zhou Niannan's words "Wait for me to come back."

Some thoughts emerged vaguely, but she quickly pushed them back.

So what if it is, so what if it is not?

No matter which one of them was in love, she would not be happy to accept it. So they should save it for other girls who are destined to be together with them.

*

Let's say that when Cui Muli entered the courtyard with a bowl of noodles, the maids in Haihua Yuan were no longer in the mood to catch mice. They quickly stood in a row under the eaves and guarded the courtyard cautiously. When he came out, they all greeted him respectfully: "Second Young Master, take care!"

He walked out of the courtyard without looking at the crowd.

Fu Lu looked carefully: the Second Young Master's face was pale, the noodle bowl in his hand was still the same, and he had a cold aura all over his body. She guessed that he must not have gotten any good results from the Young Lady.

She bit her lip and followed silently. She waited until no one was around before speaking out: "Second Young Master, please wait."

Cui Muli turned around. Knowing that she was Xie Miao's most trusted maid, he stopped and asked, "What's the matter?"

Fu Lu turned sideways and saluted, and said hesitantly: "This slave, this slave is Fu Lu. I have something to say to the Second Young Master."

Cui Muli said: "En."

Fu Lu boldly said: "May I ask the Second Young Master, do you really like the Young Lady?"

Cui Muli said: "I rushed back to the capital without stopping and personally cooked longevity noodles for your Young Lady. Is it just to gain the reputation of a good cousin?"

His expression was calm and his tone was gentle, but Fu Lu could hear displeasure from it, and said hurriedly: "No, I don't mean that, I just..."

She noticed several burns on Cui Muli's hands and gritted her teeth. She knelt down on the ground, lowered her head and said: "I just want you to understand Miss. The neglect you are receiving now is not one tenth of what it used to be for Miss."

When it comes to Xie Miao, Cui Muli is somewhat interested in listening to what she has to say.

He said: "Go on."

Fu Lu folded her hands in front of her body with a respectful gesture, and spoke out the words buried deep in her heart, "You may not know, how many nights did the Young Lady stay up to embroider the sachet and belt for you, and how much injuries did the hands suffer? You never wore it after you received it, and the Young Lady never complained. She only blamed herself for not being good enough at embroidery. She worked harder to practice embroidery with the hope that you can cherish her feelings one day. "