Chapter 61 Breaking cauldrons and sinking boats

Xie Miao was confused for a moment, but then came to her senses. This matter must be related to Cui Xining.

Was she betrayed?

Xie Miao was a little angry, but even more upset. She half-raised her eyelids and said in a vague voice, "Cousin Cui." She didn't even bother to be polite and ask him why he was here.

Cui Muli turned a blind eye to her negativity and sat down opposite her. Because he walked too hastily, a slight blush remained on his face, which destroyed his usual coolness and gave him a strange sense of charm.

Xie Miao held the scripture in her hand, her heart as motionless as a mountain. Heh, jade and gold are all false.

Qiao Mu carried a bamboo basket and stepped forward at the right time. He opened the cotton cloth covering the basket, revealing a bowl of still smoking ice cream. The pink glazed porcelain flower bowl is filled with snow-white ice cheese. The cheese tips are dotted with fresh fruit pulp and sprinkled with finely crushed sugar granules. It is both pleasing to the eye and has a delicious milky aroma.

Qiao Mu smiled and said: "Miss Cousin, this is the fruit ice cream that the Young Master went to Babaozhai to buy for you. It was kept in ice along the way, but it hasn't melted yet."

Babaozhai is dozens of miles away from here. Even if it is preserved with ice, it requires a lot of work to keep the ice cream from melting, which shows that it takes a lot of thought.

Xie Miao's fingertips were digging into the book cover unconsciously, feeling bitter and ridiculous at one moment, and at the same time feeling extremely happy.

A lifetime later, he actually gave her what she wanted, but it was too late. No matter how hard he tried, it was too late.

"I don't want it," she said.

Qiao Mu looked very surprised.

My dear, is Miss Cousin so hard to please? The best Yuqian Longjing, the golden water bodhi necklace, the fruit ice cream from Babaozhai... everything to eat, wear, and drink has been given away, yet you are still so indifferent? Could it be a heart made of stone?

Qiao Mu couldn't help but sympathize with his Young Master: It seemed that it was still too early for him to return home with a beautiful woman in his arms.

Cui Muli did not show any displeasure, "Then I will reward it to your maids."

Xie Miao was noncommittal.

Fu Lu and Lan Xia naturally couldn't refuse the Young Master's gift. They held bowls of fruit ice cream and stood far away from Qiao Mu and Shen Yang.

Cui Muli's eyes fell lightly and stopped on her thin porcelain-white fingers, "What book are you reading?"

Xie Miao raised the cover and on top of the cover were three big characters, "The Diamond Sutra."

"If you see me with forms and seek me with sounds, you will follow the wrong path and will not be able to see the Tathagata." Hearing this, he felt half regretful, and said, "We ordinary people have no chance to see the Buddha in this lifetime." (quoted from the 'Diamond Sutra')

...

Xie Miao said: "Cousin Cui sees things thoroughly."

Cui Muli said: "There are ten precepts in Buddhism. The third is do not commit sexual misconduct, and the ninth is not eating at irregular time. However, Gao Zi said: Appetite and lust is natural. Benevolence is internal, not external; righteousness is external, not internal. What does Cousin think?" (quoted from the 'Mencius Gaozi 1)