Chapter 93 Commendation

Not only are people talking about this outside the palace, but even inside the palace. The heroic deed of "Third Young Master Zhou killing a wild bear and risking his own life to save the Emperor" can be heard everywhere.

For a time, the whole capital tacitly removed the impression of Zhou Niannan as a "dandy," "idle," and "uneducated" and stamped the words "promising future" on his forehead.

...

Cui Muli followed Luo Biyu into the palace to meet the Emperor, and Luo Biyu said disdainfully: "Humph, he just killed a bear, what's the big deal? In the countryside of my hometown, there was a well-known sixteen-year-old herb collector who encountered a slant-eye, white-browed tiger on the mountain. That tiger was triple the size of him, but he beat the white tiger to death with his bare hands and dragged him home for dinner."

Cui Muli understood, "It turns out that Lord Luo is a fellow countryman of Wu Song."

Luo Biyu glanced at him, his beard standing straight up with anger. He almost forgot that this boy was the same as the Third Young Master of Dingyuan Marquis Mansion, they both came from noble families!

When words get sour, adding words is useless; when views are irreconcilable, it's a waste of breath to continue discussion!

When the two were summoned to enter the imperial study, they saw several purple-robed officials kneeling inside. Emperor Chengxuan was sitting behind the table in a bright yellow dragon robe, with a deep and enigmatic face.

The two of them hurriedly saluted respectfully. Emperor Chengxuan raised his hand and said, "You two stand and talk."

Luo Biyu straightened his back and did not go far. He stood close to the kneeling officials.

Kneeling officials: their faces were unmoved, but in their hearts they were hehehehehehehehehe!

Emperor Chengxuan covered his lips and coughed a few times. He picked up the tea cup and sipped tea leisurely, looking at the few people lightly.

"Duan Xiu, repeat what you just said in front of Minister Luo." Emperor Chengxuan said.

Duan Xiu, the Minister of the Ministry of Revenue, who was kneeling down, gritted his teeth. He cupped his hands and said, "Returning to your Majesty, I was saying that Lord Wang had been an official for more than 20 years. He has worked conscientiously, urged officials and eased the people. There has never been the least bit of unclean news. He is a rare upright minister in Da Qi. Regarding the matter that he knew the facts and failed to do anything about it and instead embezzled a million taels of disaster silver, I believe that there must be something hidden in it——"

Before he finished speaking, Luo Biyu found the right moment and snorted loudly from his nose, "Lord Duan, you mean that our Justice Department made up things out of thin air, deliberately confused right and wrong, and slandered Wang Yongqi?"

Duan Xiu said: "No, what I mean is——"

Luo Biyu said quickly: "What do you mean, do you mean heaven or earth? Can it be worth the mountain of iron-clad evidence in my hands?"

Duan Xiu choked and changed his approach, "Lord Luo, I know that you have always had a rift with Lord Wang and is dissatisfied with him, but -"

Luo Biyu cut off his words again and said aggressively: "Lord Duan, I heard that you have been friends with Wang Yongqi for many years and are close friends in private. You still tell lies with your eyes open even though the evidence of the crime is solid. How can you seek justice for him? Can I reasonably suspect that you are deeply involved with him therefore you are worried that the hair will be lost if the skin is gone, so you risk it to defend him? "