Chapter 49 Though the gravel is small

The Madam Marquis had already spoken, what else could Xie Miao say?

She nodded resignedly and said, "Madam, I'll go over and see my cousin."

She walked slowly towards the crowd, but fortunately the atmosphere there was so fervent that no one noticed her approach.

Princess Qingyang is not stupid. She quickly understood that this Third Miss Cui was taking the opportunity to attack. What was outdated was not outdated, but there might be a deeper meaning in it. She pretended to be ignorant and asked shamelessly: "What Third Miss Cui said is that I haven't returned to the capital for a long time. I think I am indeed out of touch with the fashion. Apart from these, is there anything else you can advise me on?"

She pretended very well. Cui Xijun rarely confronted duplicitous people in a genuine dispute. Therefore, she actually believed it and the more she said, the more she went too far, "I heard that the folk customs in the Western Region were open. The women are bolder, and if they liked anyone, they would directly follow them back to their home. But Da Qi is a country of etiquette and us women should be modest, gentle, and have a sense of shame. We must not have wishful thinking. Being strong can only lead to——"

Su Panyan felt that it was not good, and took a half step forward to cut off her words, "Princess Qingyang, Xijun is young and ignorant, you must not take her words seriously."

Princess Qingyang did not speak. Her eyes wandered to Cui Xijun's face, and after a moment, she actually clapped her hands.

Clap, clap, clap.

"What a young and ignorant person." She smiled slightly, and her tone was completely opposite and sinister, "Ignorant enough to dare to speak rudely to this Princess."

Now that the matter has come to this, Cui Xijun is willing to risk everything and is determined to speak out her true feelings. She pushed Su Panyan away, looked directly at Qingyang, and said plausibly: "What I said comes from the bottom of my heart. The Princess is a royal noble person, of jade leaves and golden branches. How can she not understand 'in life, if something is meant to be, it will happen, if not, don't force it'? Of course, power can act arbitrarily and ignore the wishes of others. In the end, both sides will lose, so why should the Princess be stubborn?"

As soon as these words came out, everyone in the audience was shocked.

Third Miss Cui was accusing Princess Qingyang of using her status to force others. However, the Princess had only returned to the capital for over a month since, the only rumour was her marriage to Third Young Master Zhou... It was unexpected that this Third Miss Cui would think about snatching Princess Qingyang's person!

This guy Zhou Niannan really attracts bees and butterflies!

Princess Qingyang's eyebrows were filled with anger. When she glanced to the side from the corner of her eye, she looked at two momos who understood. They stepped forward menacingly, and held Cui Xijun's body on the left and right.

Su Panyan and Gu Youlan were also separated by others, and they could only shout anxiously: "Princess, I apologize to you on behalf of Third Miss Cui. You are a magnanimous noble person, so don't argue with her!"

Cui Xijun did not accept the kindness, and said with a fearless face: "Princess Qingyang, you must think carefully before taking action. My grandfather is the teacher of the Emperor, my father is the Minister of the Ministry of Civil Affairs, and my brother is the number one scholar."

What she said was true. The Cui family is a noble family with a noble reputation. Even Emperor Chengxuan treated them with courtesy. But Qingyang was humiliated in front of everyone as soon as she returned to the capital, and it was related to Zhou Niannan. How could she swallow this breath?