Chapter 102 Unwavering

It was late at night again, and Cui Muli returned home belatedly.

Qiao Mu helped him wash up while telling him about his encounter with Cui Xijun during the day.

Cui Muli pressed his face with a hot towel. Because his shoulder injury had not healed, his handsome face was still pale.

"Good work," he said.

Qiao Mu took the towel and hung it on the shelf, then went to the table to serve him tea.

Cui Muli took a sip of tea and said quietly: "From tomorrow onwards, spread the word. If anyone in the house dares to say anything bad about Miss Cousin, we will sell them out of the house directly."

Qiao Mu was speechless. Is the Young Master going to pave the way for Miss Cousin? Not even half a debate, then to be directly sold out of the house... You must know that the Young Master is busy with numerous matters on weekdays and has no energy to take care of the affairs of the inner house.

"Yes, I understand." Qiao Mu quickly agreed.

Cui Muli pressed his eyebrows lightly, his long eyes weary, "Where are the things from Baochang Pavilion?"

Qiao Mu said: "All placed in the side hall. This servant has checked them and they are all fine."

Cui Muli still stood up, "I'll go take a look."

The Young Master is worried and wants to check it himself. Qiao Mu snickered: He really wants to start a family. No matter how stable he looks, he can't help but feel uneasy in his heart.

Qiao Mu followed Cui Muli to the side hall and watched him open the mahogany box. He carefully inspect it, and then closed it.

Qiao Mu smiled and said, "Don't worry, Young Master. The Second Lady will see your sincerity and will definitely agree to your marriage to Miss Cousin."

Really?

He walked to the yard, raised his neck and looked at the sky.

It was a dark night, the moon was hazy and the wind was blowing. There were swarms of ants on the bluestone slab, crawling out from the cracks in the stone.

The foundation is moist and rainy.

Will it rain tomorrow?

*

The wind whistled and the window screens rattled. Xie Miao couldn't sleep peacefully anymore. She opened her eyes and stared at the curtain roof in a daze.

...What time is it?

Fu Lu was no longer outside. Xie Miao lifted the quilt and got out of bed. She opened the window screen. She looked at the grey sky, and was immediately hit by the cold wind.

It's so cold.

She shuddered and silently wrapped herself in her cloak. Fu Lu had just opened the door and came in, saying softly: "Miss, are you up?"

Xie Miao said "en".

Fu Lu held up the oil lamp and approached, "It's just past maoshi, why don't you sleep a little longer?"

Xie Miao said: "I can't sleep anymore. I'll go to the study to read some scriptures."

Fu Lu's smile was slightly stagnant. The Young Lady had been reading scriptures for longer and longer recently. It seemed, it seemed... She lowered her eyes and didn't say anything after all. She helped Xie Miao wash herself and guarded her to the study room.

There was a strong wind outside. The sky was dense with clouds and there was no rain. Lightning flashes appeared and disappeared.

Xie Miao sat behind the desk, casually pulled out a copy of "Madhyamaka". She opened the pages, and read word for word.