Chapter 63 Take precautions

After returning from the Flower Festival Banquet, Cui Xijun was severely scolded by Cui Shishuo, and even her grandfather and second brother, who had always loved her, did not speak to her. At first she was stubborn and refused to admit her mistake. But when she was imprisoned in the ancestral hall for two full months, in the dark and cold room, facing the memorial tablets of Cui's ancestors every day and reciting Cui's family motto, she finally realized what her reckless behavior would bring to Cui Mansion.

No matter how arrogant and unreasonable Princess Qingyang is, she is also a princess personally named by the Emperor and the legitimate daughter of Prince Rui - she is a true relative of the Emperor. Even her grandfather and father have to show courtesy when they meet, so how can they allow her to provoke and contradict her in person?

If Xie Miao hadn't come forward that day, she might have been humiliated and beaten by Princess Qingyang in front of everyone, and her face would have been completely lost——

Thinking of this, Cui Xijun felt as if she had really been slapped by Princess Qingyang, and in the hottest days of June, cold sweat ran down her back.

There is lingering fear in her heart.

She returned to the garden and leaned listlessly on the couch. The bowl of ice porridge on the small table changed from cold to hot, but it never caught her attention.

Seeing that she was in poor spirits, the maid Minju suggested: "Miss, Miss Su has sent people here many times. How about I send someone to deliver a letter? You and Miss Su can make an appointment to go out for a walk?"

Thinking of her friend's thoughtfulness, Cui Xijun managed to cheer up and said, "Okay."

The next day, Su Panyan and Cui Xijun made an appointment to have tea at Chunlai Tea House.

Chunlai Tea House is located next to the tea garden. Looking from the window on the second floor, you can see the clusters of green and translucent tea trees, which are still full of vitality in the scorching sun.

Cui Xijun confided her worries to Su Panyan, and the discomfort was finally relieved a little by the other person's gentle words of comfort.

In front of Cui Xijun, Su Panyan has always played the role of a close sister, helping her solve problems. Unknowingly, she has treated Su Panyan as her own sister.

"It would be great if you were my biological sister." She sighed in her heart, not seeing the sourness in Su Panyan's eyes.

Sister? No, who wants to be her elder sister? If there was no engagement, she could have become Xijun's sister-in-law.

Su Panyan felt as miserable as if she had swallowed coptis chinesis. Her unwillingness and jealousy were tugging at her rationality, and finally turned into a deliberate expression of concern.

Cui Xijun noticed that she seemed to have something to say, "Panyan, what's wrong with you?"

Su Panyan was about to speak but stopped, "Xijun, there is something I don't know whether I should tell you or not."

Cui Xijun took a sip of tea. At her age, she still didn't understand the joy of tea, so she quickly stuffed a piece of pastry, and waited until the bitter taste was overshadowed. She said: "You and I are close friends, just say what you want without hesitation."

Yes, she knew everything about Xijun. How could she hide the secret meeting between Xie Miao and Third Young Master Zhou?

Su Panyan told the truth about what happened that day.

Cui Xijun lowered her head and stared intently at the tea in the cup, which reflected her face. It seemed expressionless and filled with overwhelming anger.