Chapter 69 Because of fear

After receiving the news from the Jinyi Wei, Emperor Chengxuan couldn't help but become angry. It is said that when a person is about to die, his words are good, but Zou Yuandao kept telling lies and did not take the Holy Wrath into consideration at all!

Emperor Chengxuan put aside the remaining regrets and ordered Lu Xianghe and Cong'er to be arrested. He was bound to force out the true whereabouts of the disaster silver from their mouths.

Due to the unfavourable situation in Dali Temple, Emperor Chengxuan handed over the case to the Ministry of Justice, and Luo Biyu ordered Cui Muli to continue to follow up.

Cui Muli was full of doubts.

As someone who knows the entire truth, he believes that Zou Yuandao did not lie. If you don't take action for money, why should you keep the money until death? It turns out that the vague premonition that the resumption of the disaster silver case is no accident, is confirmed. Someone is controlling everything behind the scenes, revealing that Zou Yuandao's crime is false, and there may be a deeper conspiracy behind it.

This person must have known about Zou Yuandao's crimes earlier than he did, and he lay dormant for eight years in order to nail Zou Yuandao to the pillar of shame for being greedy for money. He concluded that Zou Yuandao would conceal Dian Ziming's crimes, hiding the true motive for the committing the crime, and now, everything has gone as he wished. The reason is no longer important, what is important is where the one million taels disaster silver is.

Cui Muli made a prompt decision and earnestly requested Emperor Chengxuan to block the news about the disaster silver. If he was given another month, he would definitely find Lu Xianghe and her son and find out the true whereabouts of the disaster silver.

Emperor Chengxuan reluctantly agreed.

While Cui Muli was burning the midnight oil day and night, Xie Miao had silently picked up her pen and accurately wrote down the hiding place of one million taels of disaster silver.

As Cui Muli guessed, there is indeed a huge conspiracy behind the resumption of the disaster silver case, and the target is none other than General Ningde's friend, Marquis Dingyuan, Zhou Sichen.

In his previous life, Cui Muli failed to find out where the disaster silver was. Lu Xianghe and Cong'er accidentally died during their escape. There was a lot of noise among the people, and there were rumours and slander. Marquis Dingyuan and Zou Yuandao had a close personal relationship. He was also involved in this case.

It was originally an absurd statement, but something unexpected happened two months later: when a craftsman was repairing the Jiangnan Villa for Dingyuan Marquis's cousin Zhou Sihui, he discovered that there was a huge piece of silver buried under the ground, with the official mark engraved on the bottom. It's official silver!

The craftsman was frightened and immediately reported it to the government. Immediately, a large number of officers and soldiers surrounded Zhou Sihui's courtyard, dug into the soil, and excavated a million taels——

Not one point too much, not one point too little. It is exactly the same as the number of silver in the Honghe River Valley disaster. The amount is unmistaken.

Despite Zhou Sihui's refusal to admit to the end, and Marquis Dingyuan rushing back to the capital in person to appeal for his cousin, Emperor Chengxuan was unmoved. He ordered the execution of Zhou Sihui's entire family.

Although this conviction did not directly implicate the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion, it planted deep suspicion in Emperor Chengxuan's heart. Zou Yuandao is a good friend of Marquis Dingyuan, and Zhou Sihui is Marquis Dingyuan's cousin. Is the disaster silver case really not related to Marquis Dingyuan?