Chapter 20 Change

Xie Miao didn't take what happened that night to heart. In her previous life, she and Cui Muli were husband and wife, and they had done the most intimate things between men and women. What was a mere hug? What's more, he was drunk, and his behavior while drunk was completely untrue.

Right now she only cares about business matters.

After taking care of her aunt and the money, it was time to get down to business - she was going out to meet Fang Zhiruo, the shopkeeper of the Shuxiang Papermaking Workshop.

Xie Miao dressed up carefully and was excitedly preparing to go out. Unexpectedly, she was stopped in the room by two maids.

Fu Lu and Lan Xia both knelt down at the door. They lowered their heads and remained silent, using silence to show resistance.

Xie Miao was puzzled, "What are you doing?"

The two of them didn't reply, their heads lowered.

Xie Miao was not stupid. After thinking it over, she realized, "You are not willing to go out with me?"

The two still didn't speak.

Xie Miao was not angry, and sighed briefly, "If you don't want to go out, just tell me. Why kneel on the ground? Do you think your knees are too good? Get up, you stay in the courtyard, I will go out by myself."

After that, she walked around them and left.

Lan Xia hurriedly grabbed the hem of her skirt, raised her head, and her little face was full of confusion, "Miss, why do you have to go out? Isn't it better to stay in Cui Mansion?"

Xie Miao may have concealed some of her actions from Madam Xie, but she never avoided the two maids who had grown up together with her. Ever since she fell down in Qingxin Temple, she chanted sutras, worshiped Buddha, became a vegetarian, and moved closer to becoming a monk step by step. Although Fu Lu and Lan Xia were secretly anxious, they knew that Madam Xie would never allow Xie Miao to become a monk, so they turned a blind eye and left the Young Lady to be happy. But now, the Young Lady has actually convinced Madam Xie to allow her to go out to do business...

There are traces of changes in everything, but the Young Lady's recent behavior really makes them become two-foot-long monks - they are completely confused.

No matter how unclear the situation is, the two of them vaguely realized that what the Young Lady was going to do was anything but ordinary. The two of them are children from poor families. They have never been to school and have only been taught by the Lord. The Young Lady is their master and their god. Their honor and disgrace are the same as the Young Lady. A good lady is a good lady, and a bad lady is a bad lady...

Their horizons are not broad. In their eyes, being able to stay in Cui Mansion, where nobles have been honored for generations, is already a great blessing. But judging from what the Young Lady means, it seems...as if she wants to break away from Cui Mansion and walk the road through Yangguan alone. (t/n: lit. the road through Yangguan, fig. wide open path)

It is inevitable to feel uneasy and panic, and they want to use their own power to bring the Young Lady back to the "right path".

They were still young and scheming, and their faces were filled with what they wanted to say, leaving Xie Miao speechless for a moment.

Yes, she was so busy with herself that she forgot to consider the feelings of Fu Lu and Lan Xia.

"You guys get up and talk first."

Xie Miao took them, one by one, and helped them up, and the three of them sat on the couch together.

Xie Miao said: "To tell you the truth, I do have plans to leave Cui Mansion."