Chapter 76 Zhou Niannan's handiwork

Zhou Niannan was pretending to be asleep, but because he was so tired, he actually fell asleep without realizing it. When he woke up, there was no one else waiting in the private room. Only Xie Miao was left sitting next to him, holding her chin with one hand and looking at the void.

He looked down and saw that the palm of his hand was still holding her sleeve. Even though the fabric was wrinkled, he was reluctant to let go, as if he was holding her soft palm instead of the corner of her clothes.

"Zhou Niannan." Xie Miao noticed that he woke up and said rudely, "Let go."

Zhou Niannan regretfully did as he was told. It's not known what he thought of, but he raised his eyebrows and smiled again, "You've always been with me?"

Xie Miao was speechless, "Who knows where your guards went. I searched all over but couldn't find anyone."

Zhou Niannan nodded solemnly, "Neglecting one's duties, I will punish them severely when I return home." But he was happy in his heart: Yes, Zuo Qing has a very good eye, and he must be rewarded when he returns home.

Xie Miao tried smoothing her cuffs, but to no avail, so she simply gave up.

Zhou Niannan said: "I will give you a piece of Yunwu gauze as a reward someday. The Empress in the palace loves to wear this. It can be made into a nice and tight dress."

Xie Miao flatly refused: "No, I can't bear it."

Zhou Niannan has learned the lesson and decided to settle the matter directly instead of arguing with her. He changed the subject and asked: "Did you read carefully the recipe booklet I gave you a few days ago?"

Xie Miao is much more experienced than Qiaogu, and her face does not change when she lies, "What recipe booklet? I haven't seen it before."

Zhou Niannan rubbed his chin and stared at her. Although he couldn't find any flaws, he somehow felt that Xie Miao surely had read the cookbook.

He said: "Hangzhou is a good place, with beautiful water and mountains, beautiful scenery, and even the food is exquisite and elegant. When we get married, I will take you to travel together and experience the scenery of Jiangnan."

Xie Miao automatically ignored his wild imagination and asked, "What are you doing in Hangzhou?"

A cold look flashed in Zhou Niannan's eyes, and then he said casually: "Just taking care of some chores."

Xie Miao said "En", stood up and walked out, "I'm leaving."

Zhou Niannan followed closely, "I'll see you off."

Xie Miao said: "I have a carriage, you don't need to do anything extra."

Xie Miao was the first to cross the threshold and happened to meet the people coming out of the private room next door. When she took a closer look, she saw that it was Wen Rubin and Su Panyan.

The two of them stood together, and they could be called a talented man and a beautiful woman. However, Su Panyan always had a vague feeling of worry lingering between her brows, making her look fragile and pitiful.

When Xie Miao was thinking about whether she could pretend to be blind, Su Panyan took the initiative to greet her, "Miss Xie."

Xie Miao replied politely: "Miss Su."

There was a hint of embarrassment in the air. Xie Miao was not going to force the conversation. Just as she was about to leave, she heard Wen Rubin say: "Is this Second Young Master Cui's cousin, Miss Xie?"

Xie Miao looked over in surprise, how could Wen Rubin talk to her?

Immediately afterwards, she saw dissatisfaction in his eyes, and he spoke sternly and righteously: "The Cui family has a clear family tradition, and has always set an example for the court. As a cousin of the Cui family, Miss Xie should pay attention to her words and deeds. How can she hold hands with the Second Young Master Cui intimately in public? After flirting with each other, she went on a private trip to the lake with a foreign man? "