Chapter 42 Do you like her?

It was night, the weather was warm, and half of the windows were opened in the house. The summer breeze brings coolness, the moon shadow is slanting, and the silver light shines lightly in the courtyard.

Xie Miao had just taken a bath, and her waist-length hair was half-dried and hanging obediently on her back. She lowered her head and sat on the couch, holding her trousers with both hands, revealing a slim calf.

Fu Lu squatted on the ground, and scooped out a lump of ointment. She rubbed it in the palm of her hand and applied it to the slender ankle. She kneaded it repeatedly with skillful force and said: "Miss, I will rub it for you, please bear with it."

Xie Miao gently rested her chin on her knees, lowered her eyes, and responded lightly: "En."

Fu Lu inadvertently raised her head, and saw her face that was so silent that it was almost sad. She couldn't help but think of what scholar Sun said during the day.

What a coincidence, when they left, the Young Lady actually met Third Young Master Zhou and the Second Young Master. The Second Young Master is a person who is always cautious and polite. He will not talk nonsense even if he bumps into her. But Third Young Master Zhou... was really reckless in his actions and rude in his words.

Alas, children of princes and nobles are used to being arrogant and rude, so they don't care about what others think.

She tried to comfort her, "Miss, Third Young Master Zhou's words leads to nothing. Don't take his words to heart."

Xie Miao didn't say anything, and after a while she said, "En."

One word swallowed the bitterness that almost overflowed from the throat.

At the critical moment of the wolf attack, he decisively gave up the chance to escape. He later lent his chest to her, so that the frightened and panicked woman gradually regained her consciousness. She thought...she really thought that there was a little bit of friendship growing between them.

However, reality slapped her hard again. Just like in the previous life, no matter what she did, Zhou Niannan dismissed it. He was born in a noble family and was always the pride of heaven who attracted everyone's attention no matter where he was. Such a person would look down on her from the bottom of his heart.

She understands and will not be stupid again in the future.

The cool smell of the ointment spread, and Xie Miao woke up. Just as she was about to pick up a scripture to read, she saw Lan Xia rushing into the room.

"Miss!" Lan Xia gasped, "The Second Young Master is here to bring you some ointment!"

Before Xie Miao could speak, Fu Lu frowned and said, "It's so late at night and the Second Young Master is here to deliver ointment?"

"Yes!" Lan Xia nodded hurriedly, "The Second Young Master said that he has something to say to the Young Lady. I think it's inappropriate, but he insisted on asking me to go in and report it."

Xie Miao retracted her feet and said coldly: "You did not see me, just say I'm asleep."

Lan Xia wrung her fingers and looked at Fu Lu for help, "Fu Lu, can you go instead? I'm a little afraid of the Second Young Master..."

Fu Lu glanced at her and said, "Miss, I'll go and reject the Second Young Master and ask him to come back tomorrow."

"I won't see him tomorrow." Xie Miao snorted coldly. She turned to look out the window, and unexpectedly met a pair of deep and indifferent eyes, which scared her so much that she almost rolled off the couch, "You!" Why is he here!