Chapter 34 Marquis Dingyuan's return

After Madam Xie learned that Xie Miao had encountered a wolf at the racecourse, she went to Haihua Yuan with her pregnant belly and scolded her angrily.

"Don't you know how many pounds you have? That's a wolf, a ferocious beast! You, a girl, dare to rush over and stab the wolf with a knife?"

Xie Miao defended in a weak voice: "The wolf was already dying, I just gave him a stab."

Madam Xie said angrily: "There is no need for you to do that! Although Third Young Master Zhou is a dandy, his father and brother are both men of extraordinary skill, so there is no need for you to be a hero and save the beauty!"

Xie Miao looked at her expression and carefully corrected her: "Aunt, it should be the beauty who saves the hero."

"Shut up!" Madam Xie patted her chest that was rising and falling rapidly. She took a big sip of tea, and her mood suddenly changed. She was about to cry: "Your parents passed away early. I consider myself your elder and have the responsibility to teach and care for you. I guess you don't take it seriously when I give you advice. If you do this, I will let you go from now on..."

Xie Miao was not afraid of being scolded by Madam Xie, but she was afraid that Madam Xie would use retreat as an opportunity to advance. She quickly hugged Madam Xie's arm and said anxiously: "Aunt, what are you talking about? A-Miao will naturally listen to you and only listen to your words!"

Madam Xie's eyes were slightly red and she glanced at her with her peripheral vision, "Then will you risk your life again in the future?"

Xie Miao shook her head like a rattle and almost flung the jade hairpin from her hair, "Never again!"

"You swear?"

Xie Miao had no choice but to raise three fingers and swear to the heavens, "I swear, I will never act bravely in the future. When I see others being killed, I will immediately apply oil on the soles of my feet, turn around and run away -"

Madam Xie's slapped her on the back of the head with a black face, "What nonsense are you talking about!"

Xie Miao groaned in pain and said aggrievedly: "Aunt!"

After scolding and beating, Madam Xie gradually came back to her senses. She looked at her solemnly, "A-Miao, tell Aunt the truth. Do you like Third Young Master Zhou?"

"Cough, cough!" Xie Miao choked on her saliva, and her face turned red, "Me? Do I like Zhou Niannan?"

Seeing this, Madam Xie's face turned cold and said, "That's all, you don't need to answer. I'll just leave my words here. There is absolutely no possibility between you and him."

Xie Miao was about to explain when she heard Madam Xie say again: "I heard your Uncle talking about court affairs. The Empress is pregnant now, and the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion is more highly valued by the Emperor. For Third Young Master Zhou's marriage, I'm afraid he will have to be choose from among the noble daughters."

Xie Miao couldn't even laugh or cry, "Aunt, you think too highly of me. I know very well that both Cousin Cui and Third Young Master Zhou are the best among men. They are definitely not people I can compare to." She secretly brought up Cui Muli and tried to kill two birds with one stone and severely cut off Madam Xie's thoughts.

"Your cousin Cui is different." Unexpectedly, Madam Xie raised her slender eyebrows and said firmly: "As long as I'm here, you and him will be a match made in heaven."

"..." Aunt, you are so persistent!

Xie Miao didn't want to argue with her. She reached out to her, and spread out her bandaged palms, and said pitifully: "Aunt, my hand hurts."