Chapter 29 One less scourge

The next day, the sky was blue, the spring light was bright, and the haze of last night had disappeared.

But the man who broke into the ruined temple and the string of blood drops left on the ground still left a shadow in Xie Miao's heart.

Is that person good or bad? If he is a good person, never mind, but if he is a bad person...if they saw his face clearly, will he come to take revenge?

Xie Miao was uneasy, so she summoned Fu Lu and told her to go to the ruined temple to make discreet inquiries. While Fu Lu was going out, Shen Yang knocked on Cui Muli's study door.

"Young Master, something happened on Fan Lekang's side."

Cui Muli looked calm and continued to look through the files, "Is the person alive?"

Shen Yang said: "Gone."

"That means they are not dead."

"They are dead." Shen Yang said, "But when he was returning, he was bumped into by someone."

"Find out who it is."

"Checked." After saying this, Shen Yang paused. He raised his eyelids, and paid attention to his expression, "It's Miss Cousin and her two maids."

Cui Muli stroked the file back and forth, but said nothing for a long time.

*

Fu Lu returned to the old temple again and carefully checked the inside and outside, but found no traces of blood. She couldn't help but wonder if it was because of the heavy rain yesterday that she, the Young Lady, and Lan Xia were all blinded.

With doubts in mind, Fu Lu spent several days searching around the ruined temple for information. Fortunately, she found nothing. The stone in her heart fell to the ground. After finishing her work, she ran to a nearby famous restaurant to eat meatballs.

Meat yan, also known as taiping yan, is a special snack in Minzhou. There are pieces of meat floating in the fragrant bone soup, the color is like pink jade. The taste is tender, smooth, tough, and strong.

Fu Lu's grandmother was from Minzhou. When she was a child, her grandmother would cook a bowl of meat yan for her every birthday. As she got older, the memory of her grandmother faded, but the bowl of meat yan that never changes on her birthday was firmly remembered in her heart.

Therefore, whenever Fu Lu has something happy, she always has a bowl of meat yan.

She scooped up a mouthful of thick soup and swallowed it. When the warmth filled her stomach, she let out a long sigh of relief.

Fortunately, fortunately, they didn't worry too much.

There were several men sitting at the long table next to her. They were wearing short-sleeved shirts and smelled of sweat. They seemed to have just finished work somewhere.

The weather was getting hotter, so the boss poured them several bowls of herbal tea. They drank it boldly and started chatting without wiping their mouths.

"Hey, have you heard? Something big happened in Xiyuan yesterday."

"I didn't go to work yesterday. Tell me quickly, what happened?"

"There is someone." The man who spoke put his hand on his neck. He rolled his eyes, stretched out his tongue, and made a dead look, "Dead."

"Someone died in Xiyuan? Aren't all the dignitaries living there? Why hasn't any news come out?"

"Do you still need to ask? Of course it's because the death is not good-looking." The man said: "I have a girl from my hometown who happens to be a maid in Xiyuan. I heard from her that the person has a lot of background and his methods of playing are also despicable. Every time the girls leave, their bodies are...tsk, tsk, tsk, miserable."