Chapter 87 Blackmail

Meng Yuantang was patient enough. After living in Cui Mansion for half a month, he blocked Fu Lu on the only path to Haihua Yuan.

"Fu Lu, what a coincidence." He greeted her kindly, "Are you going out on errands?"

Seeing that no one was following him, Fu Lu still didn't dare to let down her guard, "Young Master Cousin, yes."

Meng Yuantang asked: "I haven't seen my cousin for several days. I wonder what she is busy with?"

Fu Lu cherished her words like gold, "Miss is busy."

Meng Yuantang did not ask further questions. Instead, he stared at her hair and said, "What is that on your hair? It's moving."

Fu Lu subconsciously stretched out her hand, but Meng Yuantang was faster than her and gently stroked her hair——

He opened his palm, revealing a light yellow ginkgo leaf, "I saw it wrong, it turns out to be a leaf."

Fu Lu quickly stepped back and said stiffly: "I thank you, Young Master Cousin."

"Why are you so polite? How should I put it, we have also..." Meng Yuantang spoke slowly and said ambiguously: "We have been together day and night for three years."

Fu Lu resisted the urge to vomit and said, "Young Master Cousin, please respect yourself."

When Meng Yuantang saw that she didn't accept the move, he simply got straight to the point, "Fu Lu, you are eighteen years old this year, do you have any plans for the future?"

Fu Lu said: "I am the Young Lady's maid. Naturally, wherever the Young Lady is, this servant will be there."

Meng Yuantang couldn't help but look at her more. This girl looked like a different person than in previous years.

His tone was careless, "Looking at what you said, are you planning to be a tongfang maid for the future son-in-law?" (t/n: a tongfang girl is a maidservant who accompanies the young lady to the groom's family as a bride. They can also serve the master at night in bed at the master's invitation.)

Fu Lu glared at him angrily, "Young Master Cousin, unlike some dirty villains, I know that I am from a humble background and dare not have the slightest thought."

Meng Yuantang touched his chin, but instead of being angry at being criticised indirectly, he smiled.

"Fu Lu, you are very smart." He looked at her meaningfully, "I am most in need of smart people around me."

Fu Lu remained motionless and turned a deaf ear to the solicitation in his words, "Young Master Cousin, if there is nothing else, I will leave first."

"Wait a minute." Meng Yuantang didn't bother to pretend anymore. He stepped forward and said in a low voice: "At three quarters of wenshi, ask my cousin to come to Shangqing Lake. If she dare not come, huh, there will be consequences."

*

Fu Lu changed direction and returned to Haihua Yuan, cursing as she walked: "Bad luck!"

She walked quickly and ran into the study, panting: "Miss, Meng, Meng, Meng——"

Xie Miao closed the book and said, "Close the door first."

After Fu Lu did as she was told, she came to her side. Omitting the part where Meng Yuantang teased her, she briefly explained what had just happened.

Xie Miao smiled and said: "Look, it's coming."

Fu Lu asked: "Miss, do you want to go?"

Xie Miao said: "Of course."