Chapter 38 Benefactor

How could it be lies?

Fu Lu could see clearly that the Second Young Master wiped the Young Lady's blood with a handkerchief carefully and did not even show displeasure when his clothes were stained.

What kind of person is the Second Young Master?

He was personally taught by Cui Taifu since he was a child. He is a talented and knowledgeable young master from a distinguished family. Cui Mansion's family education is very strict, and the second son is very clean and self-sufficient. There is never a warbler around him, and he does not ingratiate himself when it comes to flattering women. Furthermore, he speaks without pretense, and does not please nor offend others.

Fu Lu had seen how the Second Young Master was indifferent and polite to the Young Lady in the past, so she could naturally notice the difference now. Shen Yang's attitude, the twenty-year-old red ginseng he gave away casually, all showed the Second Young Master's thoughts...

"Miss, you shouldn't belittle yourself." Fu Lu said firmly, "Let's not talk about the past for now. The Second Young Master treats you differently now."

She thought Xie Miao's expression would fluctuate, but unfortunately, Xie Miao was like a deep pool, without any ripples.

She asked: "So what if it is, so what if it isn't?"

Fu Lu was puzzled, "You have liked him for so many years, and with great difficulty you waited until he finally responded. Why don't you seize the opportunity and pursue the victory?"

Xie Miao turned her head and couldn't help but laugh when she saw her excited expression, "I am not anxious, so why are you so excited?"

Fu Lu was quite confused, "Miss... you used to really like the Second Young Master."

"You also said it, that was the past." Xie Miao suddenly raised her hand and pointed to the window, "Look at that bouquet of flowers, they are withered."

Therei is a celadon vase painted with flowers, birds, and branches placed next to the window sill. There are several stems of rose flowers in it. The petals have begun to wither and their beauty is gradually declining.

Fu Lu braided two long braids for her and said, "I'll get some fresh ones tomorrow."

Xie Miao said: "If I only want this bunch, can you restore them to their original state?"

Fu Lu thought she was looking for trouble and said helplessly: "Miss, you are deliberately making things difficult for me."

"Look, you understand the truth." Xie Miao threw her braid behind her back. She put on her embroidered shoes, and walked to the window sill. She gently touched the petals with her fingers, "If the branch is broken and the root is separated, the flower will die. If something dies, how can it be restored?"

Fu Lu bit her lip, vaguely understanding.

"People cannot be resurrected after death, and neither can love after death." When speaking, Xie Miao was unusually gentle, "I no longer have feelings for him. No matter what he does, he can't shake me in the slightest."

Fu Lu was stunned, and for a moment she had the illusion that she didn't recognize her.

The Young Lady she knew well had lost her father and mother at a young age, but she was still cheerful and optimistic. Even though she was betrayed by her relatives, she still believed in true feelings despite being frightened. But what she saw in front of her was so calm that she felt numb, like a dry and exhausted land without any life.

When did the transformation begin?

It seems that it was since September last year, when the Young Lady fell down in Qingxin Temple. After waking up, her attitude towards the Second Young Master took a sharp turn. Those emotions that were invested in him were unreservedly transferred to boring scriptures.