Chapter 91 Marriage on the agenda

In the blink of an eye, the day came for the Cui family to worship their ancestors.

Before dawn, three meat dishes, three teas, and five wines were served in the Cui family ancestral hall. Cui Taifu presided over the ceremony. All the Cui family men gathered together. The elders wore dark brown robes and the younger generation wore wide-sleeved robes. They burned incense and knelt down, reading prayers to worship their ancestors. Words were offered to seek the blessings of the ancestors.

As the agarwood fills the air, the men from the Cui family looked solemn and pious.

When it was time to burn the prayers, Cui Taifu poured the wine on the cotton and silk. He turned around and called: "Huaiyu."

Cui Muli walked out of the crowd and bowed respectfully to him, "Huaiyu is here."

Cui Taifu said: "Come."

Cui Muli walked up the steps and stood next to Cui Taifu, "Grandfather."

Cui Taifu folded the prayer message in his hand and handed it to him, "It's up to you to burn the prayer message."

As soon as these words came out, everyone below had different moods: some were dissatisfied, some were pleased, some were envious, and some were extremely depressed...

"Yes." Cui Muli nodded, and after receiving the prayer message, he bowed in front of the hall and said loudly: "The scattered pines, the severe enduring cold, the evergreen aspirations, and the unbroken pride. I hope my Cui family practice integrity and virtue. Don't forget your past and don't forget your roots."

The rest of the Cui family men's voices were like loud bells, and they all chanted: "May my Cui family practice integrity and virtue. Don't forget your past and don't forget your roots!"

After Cui Muli finished his prayers and stood up, Cui Taifu patted him on the shoulder.

Although the force is light, its meaning is as heavy as a thousand stones.

The grandfather and grandson didn't say a word, but they all had a clear mind: In the Cui family's future, it was time for someone else to lead the family.

After the rite, everyone returned to Cui Mansion.

Cui Muli and Cui Shishuo walked side by side. Cui Shishuo asked: "Is the injury on your body getting better?"

Cui Muli said: "Imperial Physician Lin has superb medical skills and applies medicine precisely. Now the wound is no longer serious."

"That's good." Cui Shishuo asked, "If you are short of medicine or money, just go to your mother to get it."

Cui Muli said: "Okay."

Cui Shishuo asked again: "When do you plan to return to the Ministry of Justice?"

"Chief Minister Luo sent someone to urge me a few days ago. I am ready to resume work tomorrow."

"This Luo Biyu." Cui Shishuo raised his hands in displeasure, "Is there no one else in the Justice Department? Just waiting for you to go back and handle matters."

Cui Muli said: "His Majesty is about to return from his autumn hunting, and the Honghe River Valley silver disaster case is about to be concluded. Chief Minister Luo Shangshu is too busy and there are many things to do every day."

"Okay, then please be careful and don't strain yourself."

"Thank you for your concern, Father. I understand."

When the two of them stepped into Yu Garden, Cui Shishuo said: "Musheng's 100-day banquet will be held in another half month. Please make time in advance so that it doesn't coincide with other matters."