Chapter 10 First meeting

Time goes back to July three years ago.

The summer is hot, the willow shades cover the shore, the breeze blows, and the lotus leaves touch the sky with infinite blue. The surface of the lake sparkles like a mirror, and cicadas chorus and frogs croak one after another.

There is an exquisite two storey painted boat on the upper reaches of Dongyang Lake, with carved pillars, flying eaves reflecting the sky, and colourful beads as curtains. In the boat, orioles are singing and dancing swallows are looming.

A group of richly dressed young people were drinking and having fun. Sitting among them, the handsome young man who was vaguely surrounded by them had a bored look on his face.

He sat slanted lazily, playing with the wine glass with his bony fingers, "Are there no other programs today?"

The round-faced boy on the left said quickly: "The girl who is singing is a new singer from Huayue Lou, named Guan Yuezhao. Zhang Mingchang originally wanted to redeem her, but I intercepted it..."

The person Zhang Mingchang wants?

Zhou Niannan reluctantly raised his eyes and saw that the girl had a face like a lotus flower and a voice like an oriole. Her wet deer-like eyes trembled slightly after meeting him, and then she lowered her head timidly.

Pure and shy, lovable.

The long-faced young man on the right leaned over and winked at him, "Since this is the woman Zhang Mingchang likes, Niannan, please accept her quickly and redeem her."

Zhou Niannan curled his lips mockingly, finding it extremely funny, "Zhang Mingchang's head hangs from his pants every day. Are you comparing me to him?"

The long-faced boy had a sly look on his face, and he rubbed his nose and thought: Zhou Niannan is the nephew of the Empress, and Zhang Mingchang is the nephew of Concubine Zhang. They both come from noble backgrounds and are both top dandies in the capital. However, Zhang Mingchang is famous for being extravagant, promiscuous, and indulged in wine and sex. On the contrary, although Zhou Niannan has nothing to do all day long, his entertainments are dogfights and cockfights, and he never indulges in carnal matters.

The girls who sang, played the qin, and danced in front of them were as beautiful as flowers, and the rest of them had tasted the warm and fragrant nephrite, and were more or less disturbed. Looking at Zhou Niannan's dull appearance, their little minds were filled with big guesses...

Hey, does Zhou Niannan not like it, or is it simply not possible?

Zhou Niannan didn't have time to care about what they were thinking. He put his straight legs on the table and raised his fingers at them, "Liubo, are you starting?" (Liubo – ancient Chinese board game)

Everyone cried out in unison: Liubo! It's Liubo again! With a beautiful woman as your companion, can't you have some fun – some excitement – it's unbearable – it's indescribable!

The plan to open a new door in life for Third Young Master Zhou was ruined. The round-faced boy was not discouraged. He rolled his eyes and came up with a new trick, "Shall we change the bet?"

Zhou Niannan threw a grape into his mouth and asked with interest: "What bet would you exchange for?"

"Gold, silver, and money are common things. Whatever you win or lose, they always end up in the pockets of your brothers." The round-faced boy said it like this. "Today we play something exciting. The loser must obey the winner's instructions, except for killing people, arson, committing adultery, etc. No matter what the request is, the loser has to agree!"