Chapter 57 Performing kind deeds

Cui Xining has been busy dealing with various issues with her mother recently.

She is already seventeen years old, which is a good age to "sell at a good price". Cui Shida and Madam Li picked and selected in the capital, and finally set their target on the third son of the Right Prime Minister's family.

This Gu San is a legitimate son. Although he was of average talent and had a lame leg due to an accident when he was young, he was of noble birth and there were as many people as crucian carp crossing the river who wanted to marry him.

It stands to reason that the Cui Mansion is an evergreen tree in the officialdom and has been famous for a long time. However, in the eldest family lineage, Cui Shida has no official position, and the two young masters are average. In real terms, Cui Xining is not qualified to match the disabled young master of the Right Prime Minister's family. But it just so happened that the Right Prime Minister's wife also had plans for the Cui family——

Her second daughter, Gu Youlan, has also reached the age of engagement, and among the young talents in the capital, Muli of the Cui family is the most outstanding. His grandfather was a Taifu, and his father is a third-rank minister. He is also highly capable and won the favour of the Emperor. Within ten years, he would definitely become a high-ranking official in the imperial court.

If Gu Youlan can marry Cui Muli, a talented man and a beautiful woman, not only are they well-matched but the Cui and Gu clans will be able to get closer and help each other, which will be a great blessing.

It's a pity that the second wife of the Cui family does not allow oil and salt to enter. Cui Muli is already nineteen and there is no intention of seeing each other for a marriage.

The Right Prime Minister once made a few vague remarks to Cui Shishuo, but it was blocked by him. At this time, Cui Shida happened to find a way to meet the Right Prime Minister, and a plan naturally emerged.

If the Gu family is married to the eldest member of the Cui family, they will naturally be related by marriage to the second eldest member of the Cui family. When the time comes, please ask the people of the eldest family to speak more kind words in front of Taifu Cui and the second family. Why worry about the two families not being able to get closer and closer to each other?

A good deal, a good deal!

As a result, Madam Li, the Right Prime Minister's wife, and Madam Cui, communicated frequently in private in order to bring Third Young Master Gu and Cui Xining together to see each other before the wedding. After going through the formalities, the marriage arrangement was finalized.

Not to mention what Third Young Master Gu thought, Cui Xining was absolutely unwilling. She knew that there must be another motive behind this marriage. She did not want to make the same mistake as her eldest sister, who was treated as a tool by her parents and married off. What's more, she and Shen Lang were already in love.

Shen Lang is working hard to climb up to a position that is good enough for her, and she has to work hard for it!

She pretended to be sick and refused Madam Li's arrangement, once, twice, three times... In the end, Madam Li noticed the abnormality no matter how slow she was.

Madam Li asked: "Xining, tell the truth to Mother. Could it be that you have someone you like?"

Cui Xining's eyelids twitched suddenly. She pretended to be aggrieved and hid her face in shame and anger, "Mother, who do you think I am? I am a proper young lady from the Cui family. I have read the Four Books for Women since I was a child. How could I make such a mistake regarding the matter of virtue!"