Chapter 100 Snowball

No matter what his true thoughts were, Cui Muli patiently cooperated with Xie Miao's acting. Listen to her tell lies in a stylish way, and weave the process so seamlessly that the lies appear to be true.

If he hadn't already known the truth, he might have been fooled by her. After all, no matter how smart he is, he will never doubt that a boudoir lady knows all kinds of secrets in the court.

When he first found out that she was the mysterious person who delivered the letter, he was shocked and interested, but he did not suspect that she had evil intentions. Indeed, all the letters she sent were to help the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion avoid crises every time.

If it were anyone else, he would have arrested the person without saying a word, and used all kinds of coercion, inducement, and even torture to extract the source of the information from them. But when that person is A-Miao, he is willing to hide his doubts in his heart and wait for the right time to explore her deep secrets.

It is bound to be an exceptional and wonderful journey.

Looking at Xie Miao again, her mouth was dry after speaking. After taking a short break, she saw that Cui Muli's eyes were deep, looking at her thoughtfully.

Her heart beat a little faster, "Cousin Cui, are you listening?"

Cui Muli nodded and said seriously: "En."

Xie Miao lowered her head and glanced at the envelope. Then she raised her long eyelashes and said, "Do you know who the sender is?"

Cui Muli shook his head, "I have no clue, but this is not the first time I have received a letter from them."

Xie Miao pretended to be curious, "Oh? Have they written to you before?"

Cui Muli put the letter into his sleeve, "Yes."

It was rare that Xie Miao didn't follow up and asked, "Is that person an enemy or a friend?"

Cui Muli pondered for a moment and said, "They have no bad intentions."

Xie Miao wanted to roll her eyes. Not only did she have no bad intentions, she was basically the messenger sent by the Buddha to save Dingyuan Marquis Mansion. She was full of merits, okay!

But she was afraid of revealing her fault, so she could only smile hypocritically and said: "That's good. I have live up to the trust and successfully delivered the letter to you."

Cui Muli showed his gratitude at the right time, "Thank you for your trouble."

After successfully completing the task, Xie Miao finally breathed a sigh of relief and said: "Cousin has been busy all day and must be very tired, so I won't disturb your rest."

Cui Muli said: "Wait a minute."

Xie Miao:?

Cui Muli called to the outside: "Shen Yang, come in."

Shen Yang walked in carrying the cage. He put the thing on the table, and left silently.

Xie Miao didn't understand, "What is this?"

The cage suddenly moved, and something was scurrying around inside.

Cui Muli didn't pretend to be mysterious and directly opened the red cloth. Inside the lacquered gold-carved dome cage, a slender snow-white figure was curled up in the corner. It was different from Baifan. Although it was also plush and cute, it was a completely different species.

Xie Miao was stunned, "Is this a ferret?"

"En, a two-month-old ferret." Cui Muli explained: "A few months ago, I solved a problem for someone. In the afternoon, he sent me a thank you gift, which was this little ferret."