Chapter 43 Turning point

At dawn, a figure flashed into the other courtyard and happened to bump into Shen Yang who had just finished practicing.

Shen Yang retracted his fist, and pulled a sweat towel. He wiped it on his forehead casually. He stretched out his hand towards him, "Where is the thing?"

Shen Hua yawned and took out a letter from his sleeve, "I've found out everything clearly. The scholar has nothing to do with Miss Cousin. There is another person who has something to do with him." At this point, he suddenly felt he became energetic and shook his head repeatedly, "I didn't expect that this scholar would be so capable and be able to hook up with..."

He deliberately whetted Shen Yang's appetite, but Shen Yang didn't bother to pay attention to him and just opened the letter and read it.

With ten lines at a glance, he could quickly understand the scholar's life.

Shen Yang collected the letter and turned to leave, "Young Master is about to leave at chenshi. Please pack your things quickly and don't delay."

Shen Hua put his arm around his shoulders, "Hey, hey, Shen Yang, please tell me clearly first, why did you send me to investigate the scholar overnight? Does the Young Master really like Miss Cousin?"

Shen Yang was silent. Shen Hua didn't follow the Young Master as much as he did, so naturally he didn't scrutinise him as carefully as he did.

But Shen Hua touched his chin and thought, "The Young Master has always been indifferent to Miss Cousin. The sachets and belts she used to give him, none of them caught the Young Master's attention. On the contrary, the Young Lady from the Su family... When the Young Master went to Yangzhou to study, he had a good relationship with Young Master Ding, and Miss Su happens to be Young Master Ding's cousin. The Young Master and Miss Su have a good impression of each other. If Young Master Ding had not informed him in private that Miss Su already had a childhood sweetheart fiancé, and asked him to keep a distance from her——"

Shen Yang interrupted him, "You also said that Miss Su has a childhood sweetheart fiancé."

"So what about the engagement? The Young Master can make her marriage stop in a minute." Shen Hua said: "Besides, I see that Miss Su clearly has this intention. She used the Third Young Lady's favour to get in front of the Young Master whenever she has the chance. Think about it. It's because she still has lingering feelings for the Young Master."

Shen Yang said: "With the Young Master's arrogance, do you think he will accept Miss Su again?"

"Uh..." Shen Hua choked slightly as he recalled the Young Master's indifference to Miss Su at the Lantern Festival, "Maybe the Young Master is embarrassed? After all, Miss Su is still engaged. Alas, after all, it's all the fault of this engagement. If Miss Su is not engaged, she and the Young Master's families are well-matched in social position and economic status, both are talented and beautiful, so they are a perfect match no matter what."

He said whimsically and nonchalantly: "How about we trick Wen Rubin into disrupting his engagement with Miss Su. Then..."

"Don't even think about it." Shen Yang looked at him coldly, "You can't interfere in the Young Master's affairs. If you interfere rashly and cause trouble, don't blame me for not warning you."

Shen Hua had an embarrassed look on his face. He put his arm on his shoulder, "Shen Yang, tell me honestly, does the Young Master really like Miss Cousin?"

Shen Yang asked: "So what if he likes, so what if he doesn't like?"

Shen Hua said confidently: "It doesn't matter if the Young Master doesn't like. If the Young Master likes, I will be extremely polite to Miss Cousin from now on, and I won't offend her with a single word!"