Chapter 141 The difficult road ahead

The shock was fleeting, and she quickly regained her composure. She had someone help him change into clean clothes, and then rushed back to Cui Mansion without stopping. She set up a stove and simmered ginger soup. After a series of remedies, Cui Muli still had a high fever at night and burned to the point of unconsciousness.

Xie Miao immediately invited Imperial Physician Lin.

After taking the pulse, Imperial Physician Lin said solemnly, "Since last year, Lord Cui has been suffering from many serious and minor illnesses. If this continues, I'm afraid the situation is not optimistic."

Xie Miao couldn't help but clench her sleeves, "What do you mean?"

Imperial Physician Lin sighed deeply, "Only when you are strong and healthy can you carry stones to fill the sea. Madam, please tell Lord Cui to take good care of himself in the future. Otherwise, even Hua Tuo would find it difficult to bring back the dead."

(t/n: Hua Tuo was a revered Chinese physician)

Xie Miao's heart sank to the bottom, but she looked calm, "I will repeat it word for word. Thank you Imperial Physician Lin."

Imperial Physician Lin said: "Lord Cui fell into the water and caught a cold. The cold entered the body from the outside and caused the sickness. Therefore, I used raw licorice, scutellaria, notopterygium, bupleurum and other herbs to dispel the cold and replenish qi..."

He wrote the prescription and gave it to Xie Miao, "Follow this prescription, boil it over high heat, then simmer it over low heat for half an hour. Take it three times a day after meals."

Xie Miao thanked him and asked, "Imperial Physician Lin, have you made any progress regarding his sense of taste?"

Imperial Physician Lin said, "I was just about to tell Madam about this."

He took out a medical book from his sleeve. "This is the Taihui Acupuncture Method created by the great doctor, Bian Que. Chapter thirty-eight says: For those who have lost their sense of taste, acupuncture treatment can be applied to the shuigou, zanzhu, xiaguan, and other acupoints, supplemented by a medicinal bath, which should have miraculous effects."

The haze between Xie Miao's brows slightly dissipated, but he paused and said, "But this method also has risks. There is a thirty percent chance that it will cause facial paralysis."

On one hand, the sense of taste is impaired, and if it is not treated, it will get worse. On the other hand, taking the treatment may lead to risk of facial paralysis...

Xie Miao was in a dilemma. Seeing this, Imperial Physician Lin said, "Madam, don't worry. Wait until Lord Cui wakes up, and then he and Madam can discuss it properly."

After Imperial Physician Lin left, Xie Miao sat alone on the swing in the courtyard, her mind in a mess. She really couldn't understand why Prime Minister Cui, who had a smooth life in his previous life, would have so many disasters in this life?

This is no longer ordinary bad luck, it is extremely, extremely, special bad luck!

Fu Lu saw her depression and suggested, "Madam, you and the Second Young Master have been through a lot recently. Why don't you take some time to burn incense and pray for a lucky charm or something?"

Xie Miao nodded, "Okay."

Seeing that she was in a low mood, Fu Lu thought for a moment and then brought out Baifan to cheer her up.

The little guy hasn't been close to her for a long time, so he acted coquettishly and tried his best to get his owner's love.

Xie Miao managed to cheer up and played with it for half a minute, then saw Qiao Mu running into the yard in a panic, saying, "Madam, the Young Master is talking nonsense and keeps shouting that he wants to see you."