Chapter 81: Nest base invasion

We see Warthogs driving through the tunnels with Jin guiding them through the tunnel as he stood there while Ashia came up to Jin.

Ashia: Hey Jin how are things?

Jin: Good. Nothing much just overlooking the Warthogs as they are going to storage.

Ashia: Cool. Everyone is pretty busy huh.

Jin: No kidding. So what about you? What are you doing?

Ashia: Checking to see if everyone is alright. The reds looked like they have been through hell as well as Y/n and the others at New Mombasa.

Jin: Can't blame them. For what I've heard that city must be a nightmare when the Covenant came.

Ashia: Yeah.

Then elite ghosts, Spectres and Wraiths drives on by as thw two watch their now allie elites go as Ashia then said.

Ashia: Good thing we have some help. Who knows what will happen of the elites would still side with the Covenant.

Jin: Yeah. I'm having a feeling that the Covenant is broken apart and it won't be long until it is completely shatters apart.

Ashia: (smile) That I can't wait for.

Jin: (smile) Yeah.

Then Ashia heads off while Jin stays at the tunnel for a moment when he hear something in the vents which he was a bit concerned.

(Meanwhile)

At the command centre we see Y/n, Carolina, Washington and Junior as they waited and then the doors open and John along with Johnson, Arbiter and Miranda enter as Miranda updated John on the situation as they climb down the steps as Y/n came up and he and John shaked hands.

Y/n: Good to see you alive again bro.

John: Same. I heard what happened to New Mombasa. You alright?

Y/n: I was alright, as usual.

Watcher: (appeared on his shoulder) He nearly died a few times.

Y/n: Like I said, as usual.

Watcher: What about you two? What happened to you two?

John falls silent for a moment which Watcher ask John.

Watcher: Wait, I don't detect Cortana in there. John.....where is she?

Miranda: Enough chatter. Let's focus on the mission in hand.

UNSC marine: Ma'am, I have Lord Hood.

Miranda: Patch him through.

They turn to the big screen and the screen shows Lord Hood as he ask Miranda.

Lord Hood: (screen) Good news commander keyes?

Miranda: Good as it gets sir.

Lord Hood: (screen) So I see. What is your status song?

John: Green, Sir.

Lord Hood: (screen) Glad to hear it. Command has come up with a good plan, but without you I wasn't sure we could pull it off.

Church: (appears) Yeah thanks to us. You know we've gone through some shit we I hope we'll get something after this.

Lord Hood (screen) And that you will. But first, tell us what the Prophet of Truth is planning.

Watcher: They seem to find something beneath New Mombasa. I felt something underneath the city. Whatever it might be, it can't be good.

Church: It could be the Ark or a portal to the Ark, we don't know what is there but....we know that Truth will be there. There is just one slight problem.