When you protect him- kai

So i am overloaded with suggestions. This one is for futurascrittice, who was the first to comment. Thats how the irder goes pepl. Anyways time to get to work!

"And you say about ME leaving the monestary all the time," you pouted, watching kai slip his sword in his scabbard hooked to his back. "I SAVE THE WORLD! YOU ON THE OTHERHAND WENT TO GO CHEAT ON ME!"

"THAT WASNT MY FAULT!"
"WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? I.... I..." kai trailed off, not coming up with a good comeback. "Ya know what? You can come with me. Ok? Does that make you happy PRINCESS?"
"YES IT DOES!" to u scream in his ear, pecking him on the cheek.

~§~§~§~

"So where are we heading off today?"
"Snakes..." kai whispered, holding in his fear of losing you again.
"I THOUGHT WE KICKED THEIR BUTTS?!"
"No, we just reacued you. There were 'kicking butts' involved." kai seemed less exicted for battle then usual, which made you worried. Kai was always up to a good fight.

"Something wrong?"
"What? No course not..."
"Yeah, there is. I can see it."
"NO EVERYTHINGS FINE Y/N THERES NOTHING TO WORRY-" you made him stop walking, making him face you. "Just spit it out."
"Fine ya really wanna know? Its cuz i care about you y/n. I dont want you getting hurt. Ok?"

You softened a little as you continued the path, reaching the sewers. You helped him down the ladder, seeing the red ninja was still shaken by the conversation.

"I... Theres still signs of snakes, so watch out." you nodded as you walked beside him. "So... Im sorry for yelling like that... I... I just cant stand seeing you like that."

"Ya... I understand. I just dont want you hurt, ya know? It hurts me. I...." he stopped looking down at his sword. "This was one of my fathers own swords. He died bravely, protecting his family. And i wanna do the same. For you." you felt tears sting your eyes as some fell onto the blade. You were the only one who noticed a sound from the distance, and you stopped. But your attention focused back on kai when you saw him on his knees, tears streaming uncontrollably now. You got down beside him, putting an arm around his shoulders. "Kai..." you stopped, seeing a shadow hover above you. "Kai... Give me your sword..."

"What?"
"I said... GIMME YOUR SWORD!" you grabbed the  blade from the ninjas hand, striking towards the snake, but you fell back when his staff hit up against it. You hit your head up against the sewer wall, everything becoming dizzy,  but that didnt stop you. You stumbled to your feet, only to be struck in the head once more. You fell to ground, blood trickling down your forehead, and everything went black.

You awoke in your bed, kai sitting at your right side, squeezing your hand. "I thought i lost you forever..." he whispered, tears streaming down his face.

"Did i.... Did i do good?"
"You were amazing. Youre my partner as soon as you heal up. Ill train you...."