Chapter 35- So Now You Want Me

I laid in the RV, trying to sleep. I was so tired, I haven't had a good nights sleep for days. I pulled the blanket away from my leg.

There were bruises of every shade up and down my leg. There was one large gash underneath my knee, but everything else wasn't as bad besides the break of course.

I guess when the concrete fell on me it wasn't large enough to really snap my leg. I really didn't understand how its not like completely snapped, but I didn't question it.

The RV door slammed open and heavy foot steps came up the steps. I looked up to see piercing green eyes staring back at me.

His shaggy blonde hair getting into his eyes. "What do you want Ryan?" I asked him quietly.

He shut the door behind him and locked it. That made me tense a bit, I didn't like being alone with Ryan it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

"We need to talk." He said quietly. He walked over to the edge of the RV bed and sat down.

"Whats there to talk about?" I said crossing my arms. He looked down at the bed, he rubbed his arm and he looked very uncomfortable.

"What happened.. Between us." He said quickly.

"Theres nothing between us Ryan." I said calmly.

He continued to look at the bed. "But there was, I didn't mean to cheat on you. It just sorta happened." He said pleadingly.

I shook my head. "Stuff like that doesn't just sorta happen Ryan. You made decisions, reckless decisions." I said calmly.

He shook his head. "You're right, I did make bad decisions. I was an asshole and I never should have hurt you." He said quietly.

I've been waiting to hear those words for a long time. I always thought I'd feel rejuvenated, peaceful. I always thought I'd feel stronger from those words. Instead of feeling stronger I felt sadness and anger. I sighed and looked at Ryan closely.

He wouldn't look at me, he stared down at the blanket on the bed. "Why Ryan? Why are you telling me this now?" I questioned him.

His eyes flickered to mine, piercing through me. He didn't answer me, just stared into my eyes.

"Is it because it's the end of the world? You don't want to die alone? So you settle for me, am I right?" I asked.

I looked back up, His eyes still staring into mine. "I'd like you to leave Ryan." I said quietly, turning into the pillow.

He grabbed my arm "Wait." He said quietly. I froze from his touch, his hand felt warm and comforting.

"Give me another chance." He whispered. I stared at him intently, then shook my head.

"I'm with Daryl." I said calmly.

His eyes filled with hurt when I said his name. He released my hand and looked away. "Fine." He said quickly.

He stood up and walked towards the door. I rolled over and stuck my face in a pillow. Isn't it funny how when the world goes to shit, he wants me now? He wants to get back together?

I pulled my knees up to my chest and looked at the RV wall. Theres no way I was ever getting back together with Ryan, ever.

I closed my eyes and started to dream. Not about walkers or my dead loved ones. But for once I dreamed about love.