Chapter 88- Just Forget

His hand shook violently as I stared down the barrel of his gun. I licked my lips and looked to Ryans eyes.

"It doesn't have to be this way." I said quickly, trying to spare myself more time.

"It does Mer." Ryan said, adding a creepy tone to his voice. I kept eye contact and tried to keep my voice steady.

"What, what will you tell them?" I stuttered. Ryan blinked and his breathing calmed a little bit.

"I haven't decided yet." Ryan muttered. Ryans eyes flickered to the ground and I moved backwards a bit.

He didn't notice. "Can you tell them something for me?" I asked quietly. Ryan's eyes flickered to me and I tried to keep my face innocent.

"Tell them I remembered. Tell Tayler I love her with all my heart, that's she my bestfriend. Tell Jason, I love him so much, that I wish we could have gotten closer." I said quietly.

Ryan nodded and slid the bullet into the chamber. "Tell Daryl.... Tell him that I love him....." I whispered.

I bit my lip and looked down at my feet. I can't die, not yet, not now.

Not after everything I've went through. I've gone through to much to die from murder.

My shoelace was untied and I saw my opportunity. I bent down slowly and started to tie my shoe.

"What are you doing!" Ryan shouted.

"Relax Ryan, I'm tying my shoe." I said calmly.

I tied the knot into a bow and slipped my hand into my boot. I gripped the handle of the knife and stood up, pulling the knife from my boot.

"Ryan, why did you do this?" I asked, trying to distract him. He narrowed his eyes and cracked his neck.

"I can't stand to see you with that damn redneck. Everyday you taunt me, I can't do it anymore." Ryan whispered.

I stepped closer, the gun hitting my forehead. "Ryan, listen to me." I said slowly.

I gently pulled his arm down so he was pointing the gun to the ground. "It doesn't have to be this way." I said, slowly moving towards him.

"You're gonna stop seeing Daryl?" Ryan asked hopefully. I didn't know what to say.

If I lied Ryan would know, he would kill me before I got the chance to kill him.

If I told the truth the same thing would happen. "I'm not sure Ryan." I said slowly, keeping my eyes on his gun.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked irritatedly. I was only inches from his face now, I was so close.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way Ryan." I said, slowly preparing my arm to plunge the knife into him.

"So you've made your choice." He whispered.

"I have." I said. He moved to shoot me but I was too fast.

The knife tore into his chest, blood leaked down my hand as I pulled it out. Ryan gasped and clutched his chest. He dropped the gun and fell to the ground.

He made a gargling sound before coughing up blood, his breathing rapid and stressed.

I gasped for air as I watched the life leave his eyes. My breathing became shaky, my heart raced as I clutched the knife in my hand.

"Daryl." I said quietly, trying to signal him from the prison. "Daryl." I said again, louder. "Daryl!" I yelled, my voice cracked halfway through his name. "DARYL!" I yelled again, breaking into hysterical sobs. I cried Daryls name over and over, trying to signal him.

The tears slipped down my face and I heard footsteps behind me. "Mariah?" Rick asked, moving closer.

"Where's Daryl?" I sobbed, my heart sinking deeper into my chest as I dropped the knife to the ground.

"MARIAH!" Daryls gruff voice yelled from the Prison. Rick stared at Ryans lifeless body.

My sobs echoed across the empty Prison yard, I touched my forehead and my hand stuck for a moment from the blood on my fingers, Ryans blood.

Daryl embraced me, and I cried into his chest. "D-Daryl." I stuttered looking up at him.

He stared down with sad eyes, my heart skipped a beat when he pulled a piece of hair out of my eyes.

"Don't cry, just forget."