Chapter 42- Fighting Darkness

"Get up." A deep irritated voice said as they kicked me gently. I moaned and opened my eyes.

Daryl was out of bed, already changed and ready to go. I groaned and rolled over out of bed.

"Let's go, we're leavin'." Daryl said gruffly.

"Hey Daryl can I have my swords back?" I asked him.

He smirked and spun around, he walked over to the cupboard and opened it. He pulled my swords out and passed them over to me. I smiled and slung them over my shoulders, I pulled one out and examined it.

"You have no idea how much I've missed these." I said happily. Daryl chuckled and passed me something wrapped in pink tissue paper.

"What's this?" I asked, eyeing it curiously.

"Your welcome back present." He said smugly.

I unwrapped the pink tissue paper to see Daryl's favorite hunting knife, delicately balancing in my hands.

I looked up at him in surprise. "Your knife? I can't take this from you." I said handing him back his knife.

He shook his head. "I want ya to have it all the time, keep it close." He said sweetly.

I smiled and played with the knife in my hand. It was definitely one of the best knives I've ever seen, even better than most of Jason's. Daryl rolled his eyes and dragged me towards the RV door, we strolled towards his motor cycle and that's when we heard it.

The moans were coming from behind us, Daryl tensed and I looked around everyone pilled into the vehicles, we ran over to the motorcycle.

Daryl quickly got on and started it up, I didn't hesitate to climb on, we took off down the road towards the farm. I looked behind to see a herd of walkers getting dangerously close to the pick up truck. We were starting to pick up more speed when I heard moans coming from in front.

I looked up front to see another group of walkers, struggling to get to us. "Shit!" Daryl growled.

We were trapped, no way to get out. Daryl quickly shut off the motor cycle and we hopped off, trying to prepare for the fight. Everyone came around us. "Carol, and Dale get on top of the RV and shoot, make sure not to kill anyone." I commanded.

The walkers started to get closer, some faster than others. I took the swords off my back, Tayler took out her knives that she was borrowing from Jason.

Ever since she lost her hand she's been perfecting knife throwing with Jason. She was actually really good, the last time I saw her that was. I guess we'll find out how good she is now.

Alex went first, he shot an arrow at the first walker, hitting it between the eyes. I knife whirled by my face and hit a walker near my right.

I looked to the thrower, Tayler was still in her formation, I quickly pulled the knife out and passed it to her. Everyone was starting to fight, whether they were shooting, using melee weapons or silent shooters. We all attacked the walkers.

A scream rang out and Andrea had a walker lying on top of her. I sprinted over and stabbed my sword threw it's head.

I helped her up and she nodded. "Thanks." She shouted over top of the moans, I nodded and turned towards a few stray walkers.

Gun shots rang out and some of the walkers started to fall around me. We were almost done, so close to escape.

A searing pain went through my calf and I screamed from pain. I collapsed onto the ground, unable to carry my weight.

I pulled my leg up to look at it. A bullet had grazed my calf, blood gushing from the wound. I felt my stomach turning and I knew I was going to throw up. Sure enough I leaned on my side and threw up. I looked around me, a few walkers were left and no one appeared to be bit.

A stray walker started to run at me, full speed. It almost fell on me when a green and orange feathered arrow pierced through its skull. It fell on top of me making me whimper from pain. I tried to push it off but it weighed too much. The weight was lifted off of my body and I looked up to see Daryl kicking the walker in the head.

He bent down over top of me and wrapped his arms around me. He carried me over to the RV bridal style.

"CAROL! You stupid bitch! You shot 'er in the leg!" Daryl screamed. I looked over to see Tayler towering over Carol, yelling some not very nice comments.

I started to feel numb, as if I wasn't in my body just a spirit floating through the air. My eye's felt heavy so I started to close them. "Keep your eyes open." Daryl commanded angrily.

"But I'm so tired." I replied, feeling groggy. He continued to scowl at Carol. "If you shut 'em you might not open 'em again, now keep 'em open!" He shouted at me.

I shrugged him off and tried not to shut my eyes. But exhaustion started to win me over. It felt good to have them shut, to have the darkness surround me. The darkness pushed the light out, as I tried to open my eyes like Daryl said. But the darkness over won and I drifted off to sleep.