Chapter 70- I'll Never Leave You

I pushed the car to full speed turning down the road the groups went down. I rolled the window down and tried to listen for something.

I groaned and slammed my hand against the steering wheel. As if not being able to see the group was bad enough, the engine made a bad sound and stopped the car.

"NO!" I screamed as I slammed my hand into the steering wheel again.

"Looks like were walking." Allison mumbled.

I groaned and opened the car door. I got out and slammed it shut and started to walk, my leg stinging awfully.

"You never did tell me about how you came back from the dead." Allison said softly.

I laughed and looked a head of us. "What did Jenny tell you guys?" I asked.

"Well, she came back and her face was the usual. Tayler asked where you were and Jenny called a meeting." Allison said.

"She told us that you were on the run, and Jenny was about to be bitten. But you stepped in front of her and took the bite." She paused and looked at me. "She said your last words were 'Say goodbye for me.' Like as if you would say that." Allison joked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes "Wanna know the real story?" I asked. She nodded and looked down at the road.

"She drove me out for about three hours, kicked me out, took my gun, shot me in the leg and drove away." I said calmly.

Allison blinked and looked down at my knee. "That's why you're limping!" She exclaimed.

I nodded and looked to my left. "Come on, there's a stream we can get a drink from up ahead." I commented.

I walked into the forest and turned right. I walked parallel to the road for a bit than we found the stream.

I heard some commotion coming from the north and pulled my knife. "We can't fit that many people into a car!" A familiar voice shouted.

"We're going to have to! I don't know where there's any gas!" Another familiar voice yelled.

I took another step peered through the bushes and could see the road with numerous vehicles.

"Dad I'm cold!" A small voice whined. A took another step and stepped on a twig. Shit.

"WHO'S THERE?! PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND COME ONTO THE ROAD!" A loud booming voice yelled.

I slid the knife into my boot quickly and Allison came to my side her hands in the air.

I copied her and we stepped onto the road. A red pickup truck blocked my view and I stepped around it, looking at the ground.

I looked up a second later. "MARIAH!" Tayler screamed. I was wrapped around big arm's, squeezing the oxygen from my lungs.

I coughed and the person released me. Jason grinned at me, his eyes red and wet. Tayler's good arm went around my shoulder and she pulled me into a half hug.

"Oh my god." Jenny's voice whispered from the other side. Daryl stood beside her, his jaw completely dropped.

I smiled and opened my arms and ran to him, despite the agony in my leg. I threw them around his neck and buried my face into his shoulder. I held him tightly, never wanting to leave his arms again. "I love you." I whispered into his ear.

"I though you were dead.." Daryl whispered. I held him tighter. Blinking back a few tears.

"I'll never leave you." I whispered back. I pulled away and held his face to mine, our lips moving in sync.

He stopped and pulled me to his side, glaring at Jenny. "You got a lot of shit to explain." He screamed at her.

"I-I-I." She stuttered.

"Don't worry Jenny, I'll tell my story." I said happily as I looked at the group.

"Wait, where's Andrea, Jimmy, and Ryan?" I asked. Rick shook his head and looked at Hershel.

"Ryan lost it. He stabbed Randal in the chest right in front of us. Then when we were arguing, Randal turned into a walker and attacked us. Ryan's sitting in the back of the truck." Rick said as he pointed to a red station-wagon.

I blinked from surprise and looked at the group in confusion "Was he bit?" I asked curiously.

Rick shook his head and looked as if he was holding something back. He looked up at us, seriousness filling his eyes. "We're all infected. We all carry whatever this thing is. That's what was Jenner's secret." Rick announced.

"What? How could you keep that from us?" Lori demanded.

"I didn't know it was true until Randal died. I didn't want to give out false information." Rick stated.

I frowned and looked around us. Only Carol, T-Dog, Tayler, Jason, Lori, Carl, Rick, Hershel, Beth, Allison, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, Jenny and I made it out.

We were all that's left of our little group, let's just hope we can find somewhere safe.