Chapter 45- Girl Talk

"Finally, do you know how long I've been waiting for you to wake up?" Ryan's irritated voice sounded.

I froze and opened my eyes, I sat up slowly and looked around. Daryl wasn't in bed next to me, the door was shut probably locked and Ryan sat in a chair beside my bed.

"What- what are you doing in here?" I asked, rubbing my sleepy eyes. he cracked a smile and sat back in his chair.

"What I'm not allowed to visit you?" He asked innocently,

I scowled and crossed my arms. "What the hell do you want Ryan, don't play games with me." I said seriously.

His smile faded and he sat up in his chair, he reached for my hand but I pulled it away before he could touch it.

"I want to talk, talk about us." He stated.

"There is no us, Ryan. I'm with Daryl and you know that." I shouted.

Ryan scowled and stood up, he paced around the room for a moment then stared at me with his piercing green eyes. "How could you be with that redneck?" He asked angirly.

"Don't call him that Ryan, he has a name." I said softly.

He shook his head. "No, the only thing he is, is keeping me away from you. Keeping me away from destiny." He yelled.

"How could you say that? You cheated on me Ryan, with one of my friends! I don't think I'll ever be able to trust you again!" I shouted.

His face softened and he sat down on the bed, a little to close for comfort. "I made some bad decisions and I lost the only thing I care about." He said softly. I didn't answer I just waited for him to go on. "I hurt you, I know. But I want to make it better, I can make it better! Give me another chance please!" He begged me.

Before I could answer Ryan moved closer so our faces were only inches apart.

I moved back, trying to get away from the awkward moment. But Ryan closer the space between us before I could do anything else. He kissed me softly, letting the kiss linger. I pulled back, this was wrong. It felt right but it was wrong. I brought my hand up and send it flying against his cheek. The sound of the slap echoed out, and Ryan's eyes flared up with anger.

"No Ryan, I told you. I'm already taken." I said firmly. He stood up and walked towards the door, his cheek marked with red.

"Fine but I'm going to do everything in my power to get you back Mariah, I won't ever stop fighting for you." He said angrily.

I didn't say anything I just stared at him, trying to figure out how to stop this. He turned to leave. "Bet that Redneck never kiss's you like that." Ryan said quickly.

Before I could respond he shut the door behind him, and disappeared down the hallway. What just happened? I need to talk to Daryl, I need to tell him what happened before Ryan does.

"HEY!" I screamed from the room, hoping someone would be able to hear me.

"HELLO!" I screamed again, hoping someone would come upstairs. Sure enough light foot steps came from the hallway.

Beth trotted into the room, a tray of food in her hands. "Good morning, Mariah." Beth said gently as she put the plate of food down on the table next to me.

"Hey Beth, can you do something for me?" I asked her innocently.

"Of course Mariah, what do you need?" She asked politely.

"Can you go find Daryl for me? I need to tell him something urgent." I asked sweetly.

She frowned and looked at the plate of food. "Daryl and Andrea went out to search for Sophia early this morning." She said sadly.

I frowned and nodded. "Could you tell him when he get's back?" I asked her.

She smiled and nodded. "Of course." She replied.

I picked up the tray that laid on the table next to me. A few pieces of bacon, an egg and a piece of toast was on the plate.

I inhaled my food quickly, and moved the tray over to the side. I removed the blanket from my legs and spun to the side of the bed. I draped my legs over the side, ignoring the small amounts of pain in my leg.

I took a deep breath and stood up on my good leg. I let the blood rush to my feet, and quickly put my other foot down.

I applied a small amount of pressure and my leg burned with pain. I started to loose my balance and I sat down quickly.

"I'm never going to be able to walk again!" I screamed at myself. I laid back down and pouted, why Carol, why did you have to do this to me?

I sighed and shut my eyes, maybe if I got some sleep I'd feel better. I was almost asleep when I heard the door creak open. Allison and Tayler walked through, small smiles on their faces. "Hey, what's going on?" I asked them.

"Well, we thought you might need some cheering up, so we thought we'd keep you company." Tayler said sweetly.

I smiled and sat back. "That's so sweet, but you don't need to do that." I said quietly.

Allison shook her head. "We want to." She said firmly.

We talked for the whole afternoon, not about walkers, or death. We talked about love, and friendship. We talked about the things best-friends are suppose to talk about. I felt normal, happy that I could just sit down and talk. After a while of laughing at each others cheesy jokes Tayler stood up and looked out the window.

"Do you want me to go get Daryl? He just got back by the looks of it." Tayler asked.

I nodded. "Tell him it's urgent, and hurry alright?" I asked them. Allison stood up and walked towards the door.

"See ya later." Allsion said sweetly. I nodded and they disappeared out the door.

Now all I had to do was tell Daryl that Ryan kissed me, and I let him. This was not going to end well.