Chapter 58- No Opportunity goes to Waist

Everyone was a mess, Carol sobbed on the ground, Hershel sat in shock still clutching the pole connected to the walker while Maggie shaking his arm, the rest of the Greene family mourned they're lost family friends.

I looked at Sophia's crippled body, her bite mark on the neck. Beth sobbed and ran towards the pile of bodies. She shoved a body off of her step mother and started to cry over the woman's body.

The walker wasn't completely dead and she grabbed Beth's arm. She screamed and I ran at her, trying to prevent her from being bit. I pulled Beth's arm out of the walkers hands and Andrea drove a scythe through her head.

Beth continued to cry but stood up and walked over to the Grenne family. They quickly retreated to the house, Hershel following behind them slowly and solemnly.

"You knew about her didn't you!" Ryan yelled at Hershel.

Hershel stopped and turned around. "What?" He yelled at Ryan.

"You knew Sophia was in the barn!" Ryan yelled again.

"Otis, must have put her in there before she died. I didn't even know she was in there!" Hershel yelled back honestly.

Ryan blinked for a moment, trying to collect his thoughts. Hershel turned to Rick, anger and sadness clouding Hershel's pale eyes.

"You and your group are gone at the end of the week." Hershel stated. Before we could argue he turned and strolled towards the white farm house.

I turned and started to walk away, only to have Daryl block my way. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. He wiped a tear off my face and I gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. I didn't pull away, I didn't want to turn and look at the pile of bodies. Daryl sensed that or something because the next thing I knew we were marching right into the camp towards a lone orange tent.

I walked in and saw the orange sleeping bag me and Daryl first shared. I slipped in quickly, Daryl climbed in after me.

We laid on our sides, his body against my back. One arm over me and his face buried in my neck. His soft lips pressed against me neck, leaving a trail of soft kisses that sent shivers down my spine.

"Daryl," I whispered. "Not now."

His lips paused on my collarbone, and he laid back down with a heavy sigh. I was thankful for the peaceful silence around camp, the serenity keeping me sane. For the longest time we just laid there, we didn't talk or move, just thought about the events that had taken place. Daryl started to move and I knew he wanted to get up and go, but he didn't want to leave me by myself.

I smiled weakly at him as I stood to my feet offering him my hand. He took it, even though he basically stood up by himself. We walked outside and I looked over to see Andrea climbing into the RV. Daryl and I walked over and he peeked inside.

"Are you ready to bury her?" Andrea asked softly. I figured she was talking to Carol.

Sure enough her lifeless voice surrounded my ears. "That body beside the barn, that isn't my Sophia. My Sophia died a long time ago." Carols voice echoed through my ears.

I didn't want to hear the rest of the conversation, I tapped Daryl on the shoulder and pointed my thumb over my shoulder. He nodded and walked inside the RV. I sighed and walked over to where Rick and Glenn were getting into a car.

"Where are you going?" I asked them curiously.

"To find Hershel. And you're staying here so don't even try it." Rick said, as if he was speaking to a child.

I scowled and reached for the swords that still hung on my back. "But you'll need a good-" I started to say but Rick interrupted me.

"No but's, your staying here." He insisted. Just then Lori ran across the field too us.

Rick and Glenn walked far enough away from the car that I could barley hear Lori's frantic yelling.

"Beth's collapsed, we need to find Hershel now!" She yelled. I wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waist.

I waited till no one was looking and quickly climbed into the back seat of the car. I crawled into the trunk, not very gracefully and I waited.

A moment later two car doors opened then slammed shut again. The car started up and we started to move.

Now all I had to do was wait till we got into town.