Chapter 78- Lost and Found

I walked over to the display case and stared at my one sword, sitting on display.

I quickly opened it up and carefully pulled my sword out. So this is the thief that stole my swords?

I strung it to my back, underneath the bow. I looked around the apartment for any other interesting items. I found a note book, and read the first few pages.

Just a too-do list. I went to set the book down but dropped it. I frowned and picked it up at the page it opened too.

Thousands and thousands of lines, covered the very last end of the book. I flipped hysterically until I could find where it started.

I found a list of names, one girls name underlined dramatically. I laid the book back down on the table and looked around for any more weird things.

After a few moments I groaned and leaned against the wall, only for it to open into a room. I narrowed my eyes and quickly opened the door to the mysterious room.

I screamed and slid my back to the wall as I stared at fishtanks, filled with walker heads. I tried to take deep breaths and think of a reasonable explanation, except there was none.

I had to leave, I couldn't stay here. Not after what I just saw. I basically ran from the room and burst outside outside.

I ran towards the giant gate and one of the guards stopped me. "Where are you going?" He asked curiously.

"Out." I spat and walked around him. He stepped into my path again and I scowled at him.

"Look, I wanna leave so get the hell out of my way." I muttered, trying to bypass the irritating man.

"No can do blondie, Governor's orders." He ordered as he stepped towards me.

I scowled and pushed past him, "Stop." He said, barely making an effort to stop me.

I rolled my eyes and hopped over the fence. "Get back here!" A female voice yelled at me as I walked.

I raised my right hand in the air and stuck my middle finger in the air, telling them to leave me alone. I walked down the road and headed to the only place I could.

It was going to kill me to see Daryl with Carol, I would have to have the most will-power I've ever had.

I gritted my teeth and stalked towards the Prison, thinking about what to tell them.

A car engine sound came from behind me and I ducked into the woods. I ran right towards the Prison and I wasn't going to stop.

I sprinted through the tree's at full speed, no car's or people following me.

I finally peered through the tree's and saw the chain-link fence. I smiled happily and ran towards the little hole in the fence.

I quickly unhooked it, then retied it. I ran to the front gate area and slid it open quickly.

I smiled and walked towards our little makeshift camp. "Mariah!" Tayler yelled happily and ran towards me.

"Thank god!" She shouted in my ear as she embraced me. I gasped for air and then I felt Jason's arms wrap around me.

I smiled and hugged them both close. I finally peeled them off of me and looked at the camp.

"Where's Daryl and Rick?" I asked looking around the camp.

"They went to look for you." Carol snapped at me, clearly unhappy of my reappearance.

"Really?" I asked hopefully. Maybe if Carol was mad at me for being here, Daryl didn't let anyone know about our fight.

"What happened?" Tayler asked, eyeing my clean clothes and hair. I blinked and quickly thought of a excuse.

"I got lost and wandered into a motel, I found a bottle of shampoo and washed my hair in a river." I lied.

"And the clothes?" Jason asked suspiciously.

"Found them in a car." I muttered.

I was unsure of whether to tell the group of Woodbury. I definitely didn't want to put them in danger, I guess I shouldn't tell them then.

A roaring engine sounded in the distance and I already figured that Rick and Daryl must be back.

I took a deep breath and bit my lower lip. I wanted to run to Daryl, for him to hold me and tell me that he love'd me.

A second later, Daryl's motorcycle appeared and slowed down at the gate. Rick got off and slid the front gate open, then ran forward and did the other one.

He shut the first one while Daryl drove through the second one. Then Rick finally finished shutting them and they rode up the dirt path to us.

Daryl quickly stopped the motorcycle and jumped off. "You okay?" He asked.

I nodded slowly and Daryl grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the side. "What the hell happened to ya?! Don't even try to lie." He muttered.

I frowned and looked up into his icy blue eyes. "I need to tell you later." I said quietly.

He shook his head. "Tell me now." He commanded.

"I found a town, Woodbury. It's not safe, the leader he's unstable." I whispered.

Daryl looked at me surprised then put his hands on both my arms and bent down a bit to look me in the eyes. "Were ya hurt? Did anyone try anythin'?" He asked. I shook my head and looked at him.

I didn't hesitate to close the space between us. I felt right with Daryl, like I belonged. He accepted my kiss and I cupped my hands around his face. "Glad to see you're feeling alright." Ricks voice said somewhere to my left.

I pulled away from Daryl and stared into his eyes. "I'm sorry." I whispered. His expression went emotionless as he nodded his head.

"I know."