Chapter 84- Shit Happens

I paced back and forth, what was wrong with me? You're loosing it Mariah, that's whats wrong.

I pouted and crossed my arms. How can I get out of here? Not to hurt the prisoners but to apologize to Rick.

I didn't mean to snap, I guess I got a lot going on. Like everyone else. I groaned and stuck my arm out of the door to get Glenn's attention. He walked towards me cautiously.

"I can't let you out." He said cautiously. I gulped and took a deep breath.

"Look, I lost my marbles for a minute but who hasn't? Look around Glenn, its the end of the world damn it!" I argued.

Glenn frowned and leaned against the door. "How do I know you're safe?" Glenn said casually.

I rolled my eyes and played with my hair. "Because I am. I saved your life!" I said desperately.

Glenn narrowed his eyes and shoved the key into the lock. "I feel like they're in trouble, go." He ordered.

I smiled thankfully and ran down the cell block then down the hallway. I stepped down the hallway with dead bodies. A prisoner, with his head completely smashed open laid on the floor. Something did happen. I quickened my pace a bit and stepped into the room with the open door.

The group stood in front of me, the brunette moved to the double door and pulled the door open releasing tons of walkers.

"I SAID ONE!" Rick snarled over the sound of moans and groans.

"Shit happens!" The brunette yelled back.

I pulled my sword and ran towards them. The brunette shoved a walker at Rick and Rick fell to the ground, the walker attacking him.

"Rick!" I screamed, I went to kill the walker but Daryl got there first.

I joined them in the fight, my sword easily cut through the walkers as if it was butter.

When the last walker fell I narrowed my eyes at the brunette. "You soon of a bitch." I growled at the man.

The man pursed his lips and looked to Rick with pleading eyes. "Sorry man, it was coming at me. What was I suppose to do?" The man said defensively.

Rick nodded and moved the machete around in his hands. He looked down at it then to me.

"I get it, shit happens." He said. Rick raised the machete then brought it down on the brunette.

One of the prisoners yelled and looked at me. He swung his baseball hit and hit my perfectly in the head.

I fell down, my head feeling like someone smashed a rock against my head.

My vision was black at the edges and the darkness began to spread. Daryl crouched over me and pulled the hair from my eyes.

"I'LL KILL THAT SON OF A BITCH!" Daryl screamed, anger showing in his crystal eyes.

If this was the last time I saw Daryl, I wanted to remember it.

My eyes hurt and I got dizzy, I closed my eyes and heard the screaming of desperation.

I pity the poor man that got on Daryls bad side. The poor guy was probably in little pieces right now.

Guess I might not ever know.