Chapter 49- Walker Bait

"Ready Glenn?" Ryan asked a very nervous looking Glenn. Glenn gave a slight nod prepared himself for what he was about to do.

"You people are crazy!" Maggie shouted at us. I did feel bad for lowering Glenn into a well with a walker, but he was the only one who could do this.

"Alright Glenn, just holler if you need us to pull you up." Andrea said quickly.

Glenn nodded and squatted into position. Ryan started to release the rope a little bit, making the rest of us copy him. Glenn started to lower down into the well, Maggie spotted him telling us how far he was.

"How you doing Glenn?" T-Dog yelled.

"A little more." Glenn faintly yelled. The rope started to shake and I looked back at Allison.

The pump of the well we were using as leverage started to break. Before I could say anything it broke off. The rope burned my hand as it slipped out. I cried out and quickly tried to grip the rope again.

"Help!" I shouted out. Ryan quickly came to my side, he pulled hard and more of the weight was lifted off our hands.

I looked behind to see T-Dog, Allison, and Andrea pulling the rope. Dale, Lori and Maggie quickly joined in and we got Glenn out of the well quickly.

When he was out I dropped the rope and walked over to him. "Are you alright?!" I asked, still frantic from the last few minutes.

He nodded and I looked at Ryan. "Nice Idea dumbass." I muttered under my breath.

"Now what are we going to do?" Maggie asked, ignoring my comment. I looked at Allison who was staring weirdly at Glenn. I turned and looked at him to see what was the matter. Glenn had a satisfied smile on his face.

"What are you so happy about?" Dale asked Glenn curiously. Glenn motioned behind him to the well and I looked down.

Glenn had done it, he had wrapped the rope around the walker. "Alright, let's get this sucker outta here." Allison said rubbing her hands together.

We grabbed a hold of the rope and Maggie spotted us again. "Alright start pulling!" She commanded.

We pulled the rope back, it was a heavy walker too big to lift. After what seemed like hours of pulling the walkers head poked out from the well.

"Almost there!" Maggie shouted happily. We pulled again but the walker seemed to get stuck.

Before we could do anything the walker split in half, sending the lower part of the body, blood, intestines and everything else into the well.

I groaned from annoyance and dropped the rope. T-Dog quickly killed the walker with a axe, making its disgruntled moans cease.

"Shoulda just shot it in the head." T-Dog muttered under his breath, I let out a chuckle and wiped my hands off on my jeans.

"Well that was a waste of time." I muttered to myself, Allison laughed and stood beside me.

"I'm gonna go get a shower, I feel gross." Allison said quietly. I giggled and turned towards her.

"Who doesn't?" I asked, she smiled and waved good bye. She sprinted towards the house at full speed excited to be able to clean herself probably.

"We're going to go on a run." Maggie announced to the group around the well. Before anyone could object Maggie and Glenn ran off to the horses.

I walked over to the camp to see Alex and Tayler getting roomy together. They were perched on a log, their mouths doing a tongue war.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the RV. "A flower?" Carol's petite voice asked from inside the RV.