Chapter 81- Making Arrangements

Daryl helped me throw the last body onto the back of the pickup truck, putting the Body on top of the other ones.

I climbed down from the back of the truck and moved into the passenger seat. Daryl climbed in a second later and we drove down towards the front gate at the prison.

Rick quickly opened it up for us and we drove through towards some random spot on the side of the road.

We drove for maybe twenty minutes, making sure we were very far away from the prison.

Daryl hopped out and started to throw the bodies into the forest, well not really throw more like drag them and randomly let go of them until they made a pile. I sighed and started to help him unload the grotesque bodies.I reached for one of the guard and its hand wrapped around my arm, pulling my hand towards his guarded face.

I yelped and tried to pull away but the walker had a good grip. Daryl let out some kind of war cry and plunged his knife into the walkers neck, tilting it upwards. I shook the hand off of my wrist and shoved the walker towards the rest of the bodies. We finished dragging the bodies out of the trunk and we got back into the truck.

"What were ya talkin' bout, back when you got back here. Somethin' 'bout a town?" He asked loudly.

I frowned and gazed out the window. "Their leader, he's mental. They don't know it yet but I wasn't sticking around to find out." I muttered.

"They a threat to us?" He asked sternly. I shook my head and looked down at my lap.

"They don't even know we exist." I said quietly.

"You sure?" He clarified, I nodded and gazed out the window.

We got back to the Prison fairly fast, we pulled into the dirt driveway and started to drive up to the gate.

Rick pulled it open and we drove through the gate. Daryl stopped and waited for Rick to climb into the back of the truck. Rick slammed on the hood and Daryl drove up to the Prison. Maggie opened the gate at the top for us and we drove through.

I hopped out of the truck and met the rest of the group that stood in a circle. "Alright, we cleared the cell block but just in case everyone stay close." Rick said quietly.

He turned and started towards the Prison. Tayler walked beside me silently and on my other side was Carl. I was never letting Carl die, I would jump in front of him in a heartbeat. His childhood was gone, but I wasn't going to let him die. We walked quickly into the prison, Daryl's knife in my hand in case something did happen.

Lucky for us we just walked into the cell block with no problems. The place was still messy, random items covered the floor. I looked at the cellblock which was supposedly named cell block c as the red writing on the wall stated.

Everyone started to leave and find their own cells, I looked into an empty cell and shook me head.

"Theres no way I'm sleepin' in a cage." I muttered, Daryl nodded in agreement and jumped up the steps.

"Me either, I'm takin' the perch." He called out. I shrugged and followed him up the stairs.

"Guess we're sharing." I joked as I looked at the tiny room. Daryl rolled his eyes and placed his crossbow on the table.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor, I'll drag a mattress in here." I announced I laid my sword down on the table next to Daryl's crossbow, before going to a random cell block.

I walked over to one, a dead body still laying inside. I turned my nose up at the sight and yanked the mattress off of the bed.

I stepped beside the body and started to push the mattress when something wrapped around my ankle and pulled me to the ground. I turned to see the walker biting into my boot. I screamed and tried to kick it off but it wouldn't budge.

I was silently thanking whoever had made my boots at the moment, because without them I would be infected.

I screamed again and the familiar sound of an arrow being launched sounded and the walker let go of my ankle.

Daryl helped me to my feet and I stared at the walker. "That was close." I muttered as I moved towards the mattress.

I pushed it out of the room towards the little perch me and Daryl would share. I laid the mattress down in the room and looked down in the prison. "Rick?" I yelled.

Rick popped his head out of his cell and looked up at me. "What?" He yelled.

I walked down the steps and moved towards the group. "Lets clear out the rest of the prison." I said happily.