Chapter 106- Clear Your Head

Carol shut the gate behind us and we hopped out of the truck. I embraced the group one by one, and I looked to Axels dead body. "Come on!" Carl said, grabbing my hands and leading me to the Prison.

"What? What's going on?" I asked as we moved down the hallway. "Carl I swear to god-" I stopped mid-sentence.

A slim blonde girl stood there with her back turned, her hand missing and in place a cloth wrapped around skin. She spun around when she heard us behind her.

"T-Tayler-r?" I whispered, stopping as Carl continued to move forewords.

I ran forwards and we embraced, "I thought I lost you." I "whispered into her ear, hugging her close.

We cried in each others arms for time on end, the entire group coming in and watching us. I stepped back after a minute and looked at her.

She was slim, slimmer than anyone else in the Prison. Her face was cut up and bruised, blood almost covered all her skin that showed. Even her blonde hair had dried black blood clinging to it.

"What happened?" I whispered, she bit her lip and looked at the ground. "What?" I asked, thinking I did something wrong.

"She hasn't said anything since we told her about Jason." Carl said.

Glenn patted Tayler on the back and I looked into her eyes. "A group found her by accident. They actually brought her here, they didn't know we were here though." Hershel said.

"They um left, didn't belong here." Carol added on to Hershel's comment.

"Blondie! How the hell did you get here?!" Merle yelled from behind.

Tayler looked past me to Merle and she smiled. "Damn blondie, you look dead awful." Merle commented.

Tayler smirked and crossed her arms. "What, you turn into a mute like her?" Merle asked, motioning to Michonne.

"That's enough Merle." Rick scolded from behind us. Merle pursed his lips and stepped back.

Merle stepped into a cell and Rick shut the door and locked it. Daryl pursed his lips and sighed.

"Tayler how about you get some rest." Carol said softly, gently pushing her towards her cell.

They disappeared into the cell together and I rubbed my forehead. What was wrong with Tayler? Why wasn't she talking?

"In fact, I think we should all get some rest." Rick ordered, I completely agreed to Rick's suggestion.

I walked to the room, not saying anything else to anyone. I laid down on the mattress and closed my eyes. If I was lucky, I would sleep.

----------------------------------------------

*The Next Day*

----------------------------------------------

I leaned against the wall beside Daryl, Carol came back into the room quickly and I looked over at Merle.

"We're not leaving." Rick ordered, pacing back and fourth in the middle of the room.

"We can't stay here." Hershel blurted out after.

"What if theres another sniper? A wood board won't stop those rounds." Maggie commented.

"We can't even go outside." Beth said quietly, rarely voicing her opinion in the group.

"Not in the daylight." Carol muttered.

"Look Rick says we're staying, we're staying." Glenn ordered, taking a bit of control.

"No, better to live like rats." Merle commented from behind his cell door.

"You got a better idea?" Rick asked, irritated by Merle voicing his opinion of the situation.

"Ya we oughta slid outta here last night, and live to fight another day." Merle announced. "But we lost that window didn't we?" Merle said again. "I'm sure he's got scouts on any road leading out of here right now."

"We ain't scared of that prick." Daryl said, anger edging into his voice.

"Y'all should be." Merle responded.

"That whole drive through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell." Merle said boldly. "We might have some thick walls to hide behind but he's got the guns, and the numbers. If he takes the high ground around this place." Merle paused. "Shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted too."

"Let's put him in the other cell block." Maggie said worriedly.

"No, he's got a point." I said, coming to Merle's defence. Merle had a point, we all saw what one prisoner can do.

Imagine what the Governor could do. He has guns, people, and the advantage of moving around. Merle's right, we should have left last night.

"This is all you, you started this!" Maggie yelled at Merle.

"What's the difference of who's fault it is!" Beth yelled.

"What do we do?" I asked, getting frustrated with the endless amounts of questions that floated around the prison.

"I say we should leave, now Axels dead. We can't just sit here." Hershel suggested.

Rick paced back and fourth for a minute, he looked at Carl then headed for the exit.

"Rick." I said quietly, trying to distract him. He ignored me and continued to walk past me.

"YOU GET BACK HERE! You once said the isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that and do something!" Hershel boomed.

Hershel crutched forewords, catching up to Rick. "You're slippin' Rick, we've all seen it. We understand why, but this is not the time! I put my family's life in your hands! So get your head clear and do something." Hershel yelled.

Rick licked his lips and I looked at Daryl. He pursed his lips, we all stayed quiet after Hershel's sudden outbreak.

Rick nodded and scratched his head. "I'll be back." Rick whispered before turning to the Prison door.