Part 2|Fingertips

Anybody want to hear weird facts about me?

No?

M'kay.

××

'Lea: Be there in an hour bay x'

My fingers fly over the screen responding with a, 'Okay :) x'

I place my phone on the table, and walk into the bathroom turning the water on. I take off my jeans and tank top as the water warms up.

I step underneath the warm water, shampoo and condition my hair then take a razor down my legs.

I always had a knack for soft legs; as weird as it sounds.

Stepping from the shower, I shut it off and grab a towel drying off my body.

I wipe off the fog from the glass, and brush my teeth quickly. Then walk out to the closet, and open the door revealing my clothes.

I quickly decide on a black sweetheart neckline croptop, highwaisted jean shorts, and a pair of combat boots.

I slip them on and walk to my mirror, I leave my hair in it's natural wave. Then I apply a load of mascara along with a smudge of black eyeliner, and red lipstick.

I hear a knock at the door and grasp my phone purse thing (do you know what I mean, like those things that hold your ID and money and such) walking towards the door.

I grasp the handle and pull back being greeted by everyone, along with that scumbag, Jake. I flash him a dirty look, as Ronnie yanks me out.

"Skylar's waiting in the car!"

I laugh, as we scurry down the stairway and cascade out front. Hopping into the Jeep, Skylar starts the engine and flies down the busy street.

Getting lost within all the laughter, I couldn't help but feel nerves take over me.

She won't notice you Charlotte, there will be thousands of fans there. Don't over think it, just be invisible.

Like that was hard.

××

We soon pulled up to the concert, and parked walking in I heard the screams taking over my ears.

Annabel grasps my hand, and pulls me in. We file into our seats, to which my relief weren't front row.

"Do you think she'll sing Heart Attack?" Lauren asks, and everyone responds with a nod.

"That's her biggest single genius." Justin retorts, which draws a mellow slap from Annabel followed by a playful kiss.

"All I know is she's hot." Jake says, with a annoying smirk.

"And taken.." I mumble.

"What?"

"I just said that Jake's a creep." I say, sending a smirk at him.

He really didn't mean any harm, he was just a 18 year old guy, I mean don't they all like girls?

He squints at me angrily, causing a laugh to withdrawal from me.

"I kid, I kid."

And all of a sudden lights flash, and smoke appears along with Demi.

Here goes nothing..

××

Thank God she didn't notice me.

But now's the hard part,

I need to avoid Demi and Niall at the meet and greet.

Possible-

"C'mon Char, they're scanning our passes!"

I follow the rest of them in, and pass the guards.

We're guided to the small room, with a few other fans as we wait.

As Lea talks to me fastly, and my eyes float from her to behind her. The door is open a crack and I can see a boy with a black t-shirt and my eyes draw up seeing curls.

No.

It's not Harry.

It couldn't be.

He turns around and it's him.

It's Harry.

His eyes are right on me, but I can't tell if he sees me or not. We're so far away, his eyes squint without the normal spark I saw in them.

He sees me.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I exclaim, and start for the other door.

"Charlotte, she's just about to-"

And that's all I make out until I get out the door, I find my way through backstage seeing a stack of double doors.

I dart across the pavement, and push through them, being greeted by a empty alley.

I lean against the doors, taking in steady breaths.

Maybe. Maybe I just thought I saw him. Maybe it was pure imagination. But it was so vivid, I could even make out his dimples and the lines beside his eyes, and the way he licked his lips when he spoke and how he looked down at the person he was talking to and-

"Charlotte?"

"Charlotte. Charlotte."

I'm frozen, and breathless. I couldn't move if I tried.

Harry's arms wrap around me tightly, embracing my body within his.

I can feel his lips softly kiss my neck, and my stomach drops. I wasn't going to let him fucking do this again to me.

He pulls back from me, "They told me you were dead."

"Aiden told me you were fucking dead."

I stare at his scuffed boots, I couldn't look at him. From both pure hatred and guilt.

"Did you, did you know?" He asks, the hurt shining from his voice.

The silence cuts like a knife, as rain begins to sprinkle along the darkness of night.

"You knew." He whispers.

"You knew."

His fingers touch my skin for the first time in a while, and he tilts my chin up to face him.

And I can see the tears rimming his eyes.

His fingers linger over my lips, bringing back all the feelings I've tried to forget.

No.

No. Don't fall for his twisted games. He's bipolar. Remember that Charlotte.

"Just leave." I whisper.

"I'm not leaving you."

"I was fine without you Harry." I spit.

"I need to protect you Charlotte." He fights back.

"You can't protect me from everything Harry!" I say, my voice getting harsher.

"I can try."

I push his body away from me and begin to walk down the alley, to the parking lot, and I call back to Harry,

"Just get away from here. Your not wanted."