part 2 // switching roles

After a while, I left the room and hurried downstairs to find someone. Actually anyone but Harry.

The first person I found was Niall sitting beside Demi. "Hey Lottie," he spoke calmly. But it was easy to tell when he was trying to hide something.

Demi looked up from a magazine, and smiled. "She knows something's up. You suck at lying."

He looked a little uneasy as I sat down across from them. "You really can't lie, but I guess that's a good thing." I said, laughing.

"Then I just outta say it," he paused and clasped his hands together. "Harry came back this morning."

I forced my eyebrows up, trying to look surprised. "Oh, uh really?"

It was obvious that they could read me like a book. "You knew?"

I nodded, "I heard you yelling this morning."

He looked at me concerned, and there was a few seconds of silence before he spoke up. "Are you okay with it?"

"I just don't really want to be alone with him right now."

"Don't worry about that, he already knows what will happen."

I watched as there eyes began to look past me, so I turned to see what I had imagined - Harry standing in the doorframe.

Standing up, I stuttered awkwardly. "I-I'm gonna go, go outback." turning around, I kept my eyes down as I moved past him. Our finger tips brushed against each other's as I did so.

Once outside, I sat down on the cement steps. The sight of him made me want to rip of his face or kill myself. It was hard to live without him, but it was impossible to live with him.

I didn't know how I was supposed to feel. I didn't know how I felt.

That night, after avoiding him for the rest of the day, I returned to my room.

As my bare feet traveled across the room I stepped on something. Bending down, I picked up a dainty silver chain. The one that I had always used to wear. That Harry had replaced with the cross necklace that Taylor had torn off my neck.

I fiddled with the small silver paper airplane charm for a few moments remembering throwing it at him during one of our fights.

My eyes scanned over the shiny metal, before exiting my room and turning down the hallway to his. I threw it down right in front of his door and left.

It kind of pissed me off that he'd went into my room and purposely dropped it where he knew I'd find it.

He was trying to play all innocent and romantic like nothing had been wrong at all, like there was no fight or six month gap between the time we had talked. But it didn't work like that anymore.

It was time for us to switch roles.

+
Filler chapter, sorry.