part 2 // uneasy

Weeks passed with no sign of Harry.

Dreary months, full of rain and cloudy skies. Not only outside, but in my head as well. Things were blurry, and I didn't know how I felt. I didn't even know if I was feeling anything - I'd become numb to the feeling of hurt or pain because I was so used to. But then sometimes everything just came in like rushing water, ocean waves washing over me, drowning me. And to be honest I didn't know what was worse: being drowned within feelings or feeling nothing at all. Some nights I would lock myself inside of the bathroom, not moving for hours. Others were spent crying into my sheets and pillows. All in all they were both their own personal type of hell, and each hurt in a different way.

My eyelids shot open to see the frame of Niall hovering above the bed id been lying in for what seemed like a few days. "Your going to have to eat sometime, L."

With blank eyes, I looked up at him. Seeing him smile, before jumping into the bed beside me.

His hair was messy and drooped lazily over his eyes as he watched me, propped sideways on an elbow and with a dramatic sigh, he began to speak. "Do you even remember how good food tastes?"

I felt the edges of my lips turn upward- but then again, who didn't smile when Niall was around?

+

[ six months later ]

"You can't keep doing this to her! It's not fair to her for you to keep coming and going, she's finally getting better!"

Echoes spread through the room like a wildfire, it was loud and I was positive it was Niall.

And I knew exactly who he was talking to.

I threw myself out of the bed and moved across the wooden floor and into the hall, creeping silently down the stairs. Looking around the corner, I saw a direct view into the foyer. And then I saw him.

He was stunning. His hair was brushed upward, and his eyes were dark. Lips pulled into a snarl, that matched his balled up fist. He wore a black shirt and dark jeans, along with a pair of boots.

Feelings that I knew I shouldn't be having fled through my mind as they continued fighting.

"She has someone, someone who's gonna treat her a lot fucking better than you ever did!" Niall shouted.

"She's with someone?" His voice changed from angry to hurt, and his anger faded away gradually.

"She's been with this guy for a few months, now." Harry's expression stayed blank, and I was afraid for what might happen next.

I saw Demi moving from the doorway towards Niall. "You should let him be for a while, maybe let him go sit down." She offered, rubbing his tense shoulders.

I saw his Adam's apple bulge outward as he swallowed, "If you say a word to her without me there- or even fucking look at her without me there, consider yourself dead."

With that, Demi lead him away.

I watched in some sort of awe at how intense that had gotten, I mean Niall had stood up for me before. A lot. He was like an older brother, but I'd never seen him so angry. And I'd never seen Harry back away from a fight either.

My eyes moved from the empty space where Niall and Demi had left, to the spot Harry stood. I watched as stood silently, and then his stare glanced up to meet my own.

As soon as my his eyes found mine, they didn't leave. I felt my breath hitch, and turned before running up the stairs and back into my room.

How could one person make someone so unbelievably uneasy?