Part 2|Cloud 9

I busted my ass up the stairs infront of Cherrydale Prep. As I got into the building the bell must have just rang because the halls were completely deserted. A groan flew from my lips as I hurried up the stairs, and walked down the hall to my locker. Doing my combination, the locker opened and I grasped a few notebooks and pens then shut the locker and began for calculus. 

I walk into calculus, and find all eyes on me. I mean really. I'm 10 minutes late to class, and they're looking at me like I killed someone. Mrs. Jackson looks at me just the same as the students, "Miss Jenner, where have you been?" She asks, looking at me over the top of her thick framed glasses. "Just a bit late mam." I reply, holding back a laugh. She had ninty-nine cent lipgloss smeared across her front tooth. "What seems to be so funny?" She asks, "Oh. Your lipsticks just a bit scattered." I say, pointing to my mouth. and she takes her tongue across her teeth. "That's a detention." She exclaims, writing me out a detention slip. "But I used vocabulary words." I add in sarcasticlly, I already had a detention. What's the worse that could happen? "Sit down." She growls, and I pass beside her desk, grasping the detention slip from her hands and walk past. Taking my seat beside Jake. 

After a few moments he turns to look at me, "What's wrong with you?" He asks bluntly, drawing an eyebrow raise from me. "You've been acting really stupid lately." He says, "I'm not acting stupid Jake, I'm just expressing myself. I don't have to be perfect." I argue. "Ever since that new guy started talking to you, you've been acting like that.", "Harry has nothing to do with how i'm acting." I spit, "Who's Harry, and was he the one who pulled you out of my car on Monday?" He asks, shutting his math book. "He's just a guy that I know from Seattle." I reply shortly. "You didn't answer my other question." He replies. "No. That was my cousin, he needed me to get some more boxes out of his car. He was taking them here for me because I couldn't pack everything when I left Seattle." I lie, and that was probably the most convincing lie i've ever told because he actually seemed convinced.

The bell rings, and I get up in a flash and start for the door. "Charlotte." Jake calls after me, grasping at my forearm. His touch is soft, yet firm. "Watch yourself around him. I don't trust him around you." I nod, and walk down the hall quickly.

I don't trust myself around him either.

As soon as I get to my locker Harry's already there, "What was he talking to you about?" I hold my lips in a firm line as I get the supplies for my next period from my locker. "What was he talking to you about Charlotte?" He repeats, and I shut my locker turning to him. "You." I say, and wait for his reply. A thin, cocky smirk appears over his lips, "So you brought me up in your conversation?" I roll my eyes and begin walking to Latin, because I knew Harry would follow me. And to my assumption, he does. "No, he was telling me about how you gave him bad vibes." His face flips from a smirk to a scowl. "Well he doesn't give me the best of vibes either." I smile slightly, "No one gives you good vibes Harry." As we arrive at the classroom he splits off into the other hall, still looking at me. "You do." Another smirk appears as he turns his back after he gives me a small wave. I exhale a breath and roll my eyes, but a smile forms across my lips through the annoyance of him.

As I sit down, I realize that Harry could really change my mood. He could change it for the worse and for the better. More then not, the worse. But today he made me feel like I was floating. So much bad, unusal stuff had been happening, but I still felt like I was walking on Cloud 9. Not quite a nine, maybe a seven or an eight. 

____

Spanish class seemed to drag on for hours, after that the rest of the day flew past. As the last bell rang, I mosied down the hall lazily.

At this point I really didn't care about the detentions. I've been getting A's this quarter, A's mean good grades, good grades mean a good GPA, and a good GPA eventually, leads to college. And if I get into a good college I would be away from Harry; book wise Harry wasn't the brightest. Or maybe he just thought his looks could carry him through life. Either way, he'd retaken senior year twice. And that didn't exactly look good on a resume'.