Part 2|I Trusted You

Warning, there's material in this chapter that may be sensitive to some readers. Nothing intended x

______________

I swear to God. If Harry even looks my way, I'm going to kill him. Literally, kill him. I was getting really tired with the way he hid things from me. Sure, he had bad past, but he should have came clean. But, I wouldn't have just came clean out of the random and I didn't expect him to either. The thing that got to me, was that I asked him to his face if he had raped Taylor. I told him Aiden had told me that, and I knew not to trust Aiden, but I still asked Harry. He said that he'd never do that, and why the hell would I ask.

It's a really bad feeling to know that someone had lied to your face. And he really was such a good liar, his voice was so deceiving, his face was so innocent, like he couldn't do any wrong, but I knew better than that. And his hands could make you do anything he wanted. Overall, I had really trusted him. And he'd lost it a few times before, and once again, that trust was completely gone. I began to think, he was hiding that from me, what else had he been, or was lying about? What else was he keeping from me?

I'm brought out of thought as the bell rings, I stand up and grab my bookbag before heading towards the door. I skim down the hallway, and pass through people for a while before I hear my name being called, "Charlotte!", I could tell from the first syllable that it was Harry calling my name. He repeats himself, "Charlotte!" I continue to walk quickly, I didn't want to talk to Harry because if I talked to him, I knew it'd end in yelling. And I definitely wasn't in the mood for that.

As I exit the back of the school, his voice continues, signaling to me that he's following me. "Charlotte, I know you hear me!" His hand grabs my shoulder, turning me around. "Why are you ignoring me?" He asks a bit sharply, and I can tell that anger is filling in him and quickly. I don't look at him at all, hoping for him to get angrier. It was nice to get a rise out of him, to know that he actually felt emotion. He tilts my chin up, forcing my eyes to meet his. "Char?" I swat his hand away, and he looks down ay me. "What the hell's wrong?" I look to the brick wall that stood beside us, and kept quiet. 

"Quit being such a spoiled brat just and talk." He spits, "You lied."  I reply just as quickly as he finishes speaking. "What?" He asks, and I look at him; with that dumb look on his face I can feel an urge inside me wanting to slap him as hard as I can. "Don't play stupid." I hiss, the words slipping of my tongue like venom. His eyebrows furrow inward deeply, "I don't know what the hell your talking about Charlotte." He replies, and I can't tell whether he was lying or not. After all he was, such a good liar. "Oh save it." I answer, before beginning for the subway.

I get on and he follows close behind me, "Charlotte, I literally have no clue what your talking about." He continues, standing beside me as the sub takes off. "Just tell me what I lied about, and I'll tell you if it's true or not." I keep quiet. "Who told you? Jake? He hates me Charlotte, what makes you think he'd even tell half of the truth about my supposed 'lie'?

The sub comes to a stop and I walk out, and up the stairs onto the road that led to my apartment. Once I get into my apartment, the low class doorman is out flat, asleep in one of the torn apart chairs that had patterns from the 90's laced along it. I took the long stairs up, to avoid being in that quiet elevator with Harry. He lingers close behind as I walk down the hall to my room, I unlock the door and walk in as I'm closing the door Harry catches it quickly. "I'm coming in.", "No-" He pushes through me and I close the door sliding the lock closed.

As I turned around I noticed the dark, dreary room infront of me. A sliver of light shone through the wispy curtains allowing me to see Harry's reflection outlined. His  black jeans that fit him well, his snug black t-shirt revealed his chiseled muscles and his hair hair was messy upon the light. He looked really good. No. I wasn't thinking that. I wasn't thinking about that now, of all times. I was not going to think about that- "Are you going to talk or what?" He asks, turning towards me. I could feel butterflies in my stomach that I haven't felt for a long time. And I didn't want them to stop. But they had too. I fought them off quickly and reply, "I don't know, should I?" He looks at me with a confused image across his face, "Why are you talking in fucking riddles?" I breath out heavily, "You lied.", "About?" I look behind him, to avoid his eyes. "About not raping Taylor."

Something seems to snap inside him, "I didn't lie.", "Why would you even doubt that?" He asks. "Seriously?" I snarl, "Your questioning me?" He nods, "Yes. That's what it sounds like to me." He agrees, looking straight at me, but I still don't meet his eyes. "Don't fucking lie to me." I snap. "I know you lied. Just come clean, and tell me." I say and his voice becomes loud, "I'm not lying!" Daniel wouldn't have lied to me. I know he didn't. "Then why did Taylor tell me that?" I ask, adding in a lie that met his. Maybe it would make him confess that he did rape her, but then deny the mis- "Why would she tell you?" He yells, fist balling up. "She told you I raped her, did she tell you she abortion? Did she tell you that I made her get an abortion?" He screams loudly, anger clouding his eyes like a thick layer of fog.

A knot forms inside my throat, and my stomach drops. It feels like all the air has been taken from my lungs as I stand infront of him. "Charlotte..", "You can leave." I demand, "I'm not leaving-" I cut him off, "I'll call the police if you don't fucking leave."

He stays in his spot, no smug smiles, but no tears either. "How in the hell could you do that? Why in the hell would you do that?" I yell, he stays quiet. "Why would you do that?" I yell louder, "I don't know." He finally replies, no emotion in his actions or voice. "You don't know. You don't fucking know?" I hiss, feeling the anger bubble in me. "Why would you make her have an abortion?", "I was seventeen for fuck sake, her career had just taken off, I wasn't letting her have a God damn baby!" He yells back, his face lingering over mine. "Why did you rape her? To get back at Tony and Aiden?", "Yes! Obviously, what the hell else would I do it for?" He screams, and I push his chest backward. "How did it feel when they raped Kate, Harry? How did it feel?" His eyes begin to turn dark. "Fuck off Charlotte!" He yells, as I see anger pent up within him. "That's how Tony and Aiden felt!", "Well they started it!" He screams, "It doesn't matter who fucking started it Harry, we're not in first grade anymore!", "It does matter, if they hadn't raped Kate, then none of this would have fucking happened!" I point a finger at him, "No. If you would've put aside your fucking anger and just focused on Kate, she'd still he alive!-", "Fuck you.", "Who knows, maybe Kate is just another lie your telling me-" He draws his arm back and I know what's coming, it connects with my cheek in that moment, leaving a paralyzed feeling throughout my body. His eyes are black as the stare into mine, I stand, terrified in my position but I can't force myself to move.

My feet stick to the ground, as he reaches out to my cheek, "Lottie," I pause for a moment before running towards my bedroom, once I get in I slam the door shut and push against it. Trying to fight against his strength was worthless, but I wasn't letting him in. "Just let me in Charlotte." He murmers softly, but I can tell all he's doing is leaning all the door, and wasn't going to try getting in unless I let him. "Charlotte, I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me." I lean my head against the door as he speaks. "I didn't mean too, it just happened." I slide down the back of the door, and try to block out his 'I'm so sorry's and his 'I don't know what came over me's.

I was sick of it. All if it. I was sick of him. His lies. His twisted games. But the worst thing was, once I'd actually begin to forgive him. He'd just screw with my head all over again and make me loose it all. A few tears rim the corners of my eyes as my cheek continues to sting as he grows quiet. I hated him. I hated how he made me love him. It was like I didn't even have a choice, it was just fate that caused me to. Fate could go kill itself.

A question I've been asking myself for this past year and half reappeared in my mind,
Why Harry?
Of all people. Why him? Fate just had to match me with him, didn't it?  Fuck Harry, fuck fate. In that moment I closed my eyes, and began to drift off, sleep taking over me.

_____________________

(Unknown POV)

I watched as the door opened and Harry walked into the room, he lifted her body of the ground and slid her jeans off, laying her in the small bed.

He slid his shoes off before getting in the bed beside her, and covered her up. He smoothed her hair behind her ear, watching her sleep.

"There both in bed." I speak into my phone, "Asleep?" He asks. "No, I don't think so. But soon."

"Tomorrow." He says, and my heart seems to drop to the bottom of my stomach, but I repeat back clearly,

"Tomorrow."