part 2 // wreck

don't forget to tap the favorite button! And please leave comments! ily

+

ding ding ding

My hands moved from underneath the warm covers into the shockingly cold air outside of them.

"Fuck,"

As they hit the even colder wooden table, I began to search for my phone while the 'dinging' continued. Finding it, I swiped the screen and held it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello?" I repeated.

The other end was completely quiet as I waited for them to reply. Holding the phone back from my ear I saw no caller ID and where the phone number would normally be had been replaced with the words 'Restricted Number'.

I stared at the screen for a few more seconds before moving my thumb to click the end button.

A male voice echoed through the speakers, "Charlotte?"

I paused, not speaking.

"Charlotte, are you there?"

"Please answer me!"

The voice was rash, loud, and panic-y. It sounded familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Yes. Uh, this is she?" I replied in more of a questions then an answer.

"Could you help me, please?"

"It's Austin."

I sat up in bed and slid out of it quickly. "Austin?"

His breath was heavy, "I need you to help me."

I nodded, holding the phone between my shoulder and ear as I pulled on a pair of jeans, but then remembered I was on the phone and he couldn't see me.

"Uh- yeah. Yes."

"I'm at 42 Boston Street, waiting by the subway station."

I tried to picture his spot in my head as I tugged a shirt over my head. "Okay,"

"I'll try to cut through the alley across the street in about three minutes, I'll meet you on the other side. Pick me up there, okay?"

"But I don't have my drivers license." I said, unsure of how he thought I was going to 'pick him up'.

"Please Charlotte."

"Okay."

By the time we'd hung up the phone I was already down the hall on my way to Harry's room.

Creeping the the doorway, I moved across his large room and began to search silently for his keys.

I couldn't find them in any of the obvious places a person would put their keys, and as I stepped on his pants that were lazily tossed to the floor I remembered that he'd always put his keys in his pockets.

I squatted down and began to search through his jeans, looking up momentarily to see his asleep face mere inches away from mine.

He was holding tightly to a pillow, his muscles bulging out around it - jackpot.

My fingers wrapped around his set of keys as I pulled them out and walked back out of the room. Being careful to shut the door without making a noise.

I was silent as I moved through the house but as soon as I was outside I sprinted across the driveway to Harry's black range rover.

Sliding into the drivers seat, I put the key into ignition and hit the gas.

It was jerky as I pulled out of the driveway, but it became smoother once I hit road.

The city was crowded for it being two a.m. I tried to carefully navigate without hitting anyone, but I got plenty of horns and fingers.

Once I hit the parking lots, I pushed the gas pedal harder knowing that it had been eys over the intended three minutes.

With hazy eyes I looked frantically for Austin, but he wasn't anywhere.

Nearby gunshots went of and I stopped onto the gas fully, scared I might've missed him.

And a flash caught the corner of my eye, then another and moved my focus to the front of me seeing three obsolete figures.
Charlie, Aiden, and Austin.

I remember screaming and slamming the breaks, and the truck flipping.