Part 2|See You Again

Sucking down cough drops and using tissues like there isn't a tommorow sucks tbh x

[ the last few chapters i've been saying Jake was the guy in the closet, the one who told Charlotte the truth and that he was the one who was on the phone with Emmy a while ago. His name is acutally Daniel idk what I was doing ]

__________

After Daniel finished the story, I leaned back into the bench slowly. I don't know exactly why, but I couldn't take it in. I couldn't believe what he'd just told me.

"He didn't tell you that?" He asks softly, "No." I respond in the same, soft, tone. "None of it?", "Hardly." The chorus to Holy Grail comes from Daniel's pocket, and he offers me a small smile before sliding it out and answering it.

After a few moments, he puts down his phone and looks to me gently, asking, "Would you like to come to my house for dinner? Emmy and some of our friends are going out for pizza in a bit."

I nod quickly, half because pizza sounded just as nice as getting to know Daniel did. He smiled and stood up, ushering his hand for me to follow him. 

As we walked through the Grove, he continued to look at me. And I could feel the pressure of a dark red color taking over my cheeks, "What?" He laughed and looked towards one of the trees. "It's just weird being able to fnally talk to you." He says. I pull my jacket closer to my skin and nod, "You know, Harry told me that I shouldn't talk to you." He chuckles slightly and raises his eyebrows. "He's a bit overprotetive of you, am I right?" I laugh, connecting my eyes with the choppy water of the lake across from us. You have no idea. Not one.

After we reached the edge of the Grove, he took a turn down the road and within a fews minutes we were in fifth avenue. It was utterly gorgeous, the sun was just beginning to set. And the lights had already begun to turn on, Daniel flashed a smile towards me and abruptly stopped reaching for the door to a massive hotel. Four Seasons. The Four Seasons hotel. 

My mouth must've fell open because Daniel's expression is amused, "God. You never told me that you were," He cuts in, "Rich?" I nod with a small laugh. "Working for Aiden pays off." I plaster a smile to my lips, "Ah, I see." Why was Aiden to manipulative? Couldn't he just leave a guy like Daniel alone? Oh no, I forgot. He was Aiden. We got into the elevator and he pushed the 13 button, as we went up Daniel began, "You don't like Aiden.", "No. Not particulary." He nods, "I don't either, but he's been there for me through alot." What? "I never pegged Aiden as a good listener." He laughs, "Who would? He's really rough on the edges, but overall he's a good guy that makes bad choices." I nod, letting the information slip through my mind. I wouldn't let Jake make me trust Aiden, because Aiden was Aiden. And I know who he is, and what he's done. But also, I know what Harry's done wasn't any better than what Aiden had.

We reach his floor, and the doors slide open allowing both of us to step out. Daniel leads me down the hall to his door, and it opens quickly. A girl I hadn't seen before is the one who's opened it. Her short, spinked blonde hair fits her thin frame, blue eyes and bright red lips. Her black skinny jeans and white crop top give me the impression that shes a hipster. "Miley, this is Charlotte." She extends her hand out, and shakes mine. "Nice to meet you Charlotte." Her southern drawl comes as a suprise to me because of her appearance. But, as a child I was always told to never judge a book by its cover. We all walk into the living room and 4 other people sit on the large, white couch. Daniel  pulls me over as they all stand.

"Charlotte this is Justin." He shakes my hand softly, and I can't help but notice how attractive he is. Brown eyes and full lips, and his voice is deep and raspy as he speaks. "Nice to meet you.", the next is a boy with harsh blue eyes, "This is Jordan." His hand shakes mine roughly, and he doesn't say a thing. Well fuck you too Jordan. A girl comes beside him, kissing his cheek. "Sorry, he's just mad that Daniel has been spending all his time trying to find you lately." I smile towards her, "I'm Clary." I nod and shake her hand, "Charlotte." 

A blonde girl stands from the couch, the girl who had been in my detention. Emmy. I remember Daniel talking about her. She looked utterly pissed at me, from her glossy lips that were pursed at me in disgust to her nose that was held up 100 miles high into the air. I slid out my hand, "I'm Charlotte." She rolls her eyes, "Mhm." I stand still, trying to take in how rude she was being. I turn to Daniel and he looks just as suprised. "Emmy, seriously?" She shrugs her shoulders. and stands up walking into the hallway. 

Daniel walks over to me, "I'm sorry about her." I shake my head, "It's fine." He smiles at me, and turns to Miley, Clary, Jordan and Justin. "Are we ready?", "We just have to wait for Austin." My heart seems to skip a beat at that name but I shelter my hope with confusion and  raise my eyebrows, "Who's Austin?" A door opens from behind me and I turn around seeing, Austin. He looks just the same, dark hair and kind eyes. Tall frame, laugh lines. It probably looked like one of those romantic movies, where the girl and guy finally see eachother again and jump into eachothers arms as I hurried towards Austin. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, I nuzzled my face into his loose fitting white shirt and inhaled his familiar cologne. "Long time no see." I murmer into him before pulling out of his chest slightly. He laughs, "You've got that right." He says, his eyes meeting mine for a moment as he hugs me once more before pulling away.

"You two know eachother?" Daniel asks, with a small smile. We both laugh. "Somewhat." Austin says, elbowing me in the ribs softly. "Well. Lets get going." He says, as Emmy walks out the front door. We all follow close behind, Austin at my side. 

____________

Once we get to the resturaunt, and are seated Austin smiles down at me. "How are things?" I smile back. "Well. Better than they were." He nods, "How about Harry?", "He's not quite in the picture anymore." I lie,

I didn't mean to lie to him. But I didn't want him to worry about me, he shouldn't be either. I don't want him to be in any danger with Aiden because he was helping me. But I wasn't even sure anymore, was he really in the picture? After what Aiden had told me earlier, I didn't have a clue where we stood. And I was definitely going to confront him about it the next time I saw him.

"Good, he didn't leave a very good impression on you.", "He didn't leave any impression on me, i'm very independent." I say, slipping a small smile on my lips. He takes a bite of pizza, "So how are you liking New York?" I smile widely. "I love it, it's perfect. But I miss Seattle sometimes." He nods, "Seattle misses you too." I laugh, "By Seattle, I hope you mean you." He smiles, "I do."

After we eat and talk more, Daniel drives me to my apartment. The cars loud as we pull up and Im almost positive the noise echoes through my street as I open the door. "Bye Charlotte!" They all yell at different times. I smile, waving as I walk to my apartment.

I watch there car pull off from the lobby, then climb the stairs quickly. As I walk down the hall I can feel the coldness take over my body. I slide my key into the lock and push in, stepping into my even colder apartment.

I flip the lights on, and walk to my closet changing into a pair of small shorts and a tank top. I don't know why, but no matter how cold it was I would always get hot at night unless someone else was in the bed. The cold floor was paralyzing to my bare feet as I crossed the floor to turn out the lights and back to my bed.

Pulling the covers over me, I began to fall into thought about what Daniel had told me today,

Harry had raped Taylor. He's in a gang. He's had an entire past behind him that he hadn't told me about. And he'd lied about it completely. Completely. I mean, I could sort of understand if he was going to try to hide it. But the thing is, I had asked him directly to his

face if he had raped Taylor. And he had lied directly to mine. And I had trusted him. Yeah, I've lied before to Harry. I've lied alot, but no matter what I would have to come clean. I always came clean to him. I couldn't lie to Harry. And I was really starting to wonder, if he had lied about something so big. And he had been keeping his entire past hidden from me; I was really beginning to wonder,

What else was he hiding from me?