part 2 // replay

His breath lingered over my ear while the words swirled through my mind.

It felt like a hurricane, a destructive, horrifying, hurricane.

"No, I mean - let's just go home. We need to talk about it, I can't just -"

"Home." He repeated, and I nodded towards him. Looking anywhere but at him.

Once we arrived at the house, I felt memories flooding over me, and in some sort drowning me.

The cab came to an abrupt stop, and Harry left, with me following him out the door and up the driveway.

"Meet me upstairs, okay?"

I nodded slowly, watching how calm he was as he walked into the house.

I was close behind, and as soon as I walked through the door I was practically attacked.

Everyone was reaching towards me, and pulling me close to them. Laughing, I gratefully returned each hug or kiss on the cheek.

"Holy shit, Charlotte. Your still alive!" I could hear the sarcasm in Eleanor's voice as she spoke.

After what seemed like ages, I said that I was tired and began for Harry's room.

Walking the same stairs as I used too, and like always my foot got caught on the last one.

Finding my way to the end of the hallway, I jiggled the doorknob open the master bedroom.

Finding Harry facing the glass window-walls that looked over the skyline.

His shoes were kicked lazily against the door, along with his coat.

I stepped over the mess, and walked towards him. "You know, this room was perfectly clean before you came in."

I laughed at my self, trying to fight away the tense air around us. "You just had to mess it up, didn't you?"

He wasn't talking.

"Harry?"

His eyes seemed to be fixated on something outside. I looked in the direction, but nothing was there. Nothing that made a difference. Something was wrong, really wrong. "Haz?"

His eyes shot downward and met mine, "You haven't called me that forever."

I nodded, and watched his facial features soften towards me. "Why?" I shrugged, "Do you love me?"

"Harry, it's difficult. You know-"

"Just shut up." he snapped, harshness taking over his voice. His eyes were focused on me as he spoke, "How stupid am I?"

"For what?" I asked, softly compared to his loudness.

He laughed, "For thinking someone like you would ever really love me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He began laughing again, "Just drop it."

"We both know I love you, or why would I still be here after everything?" I asked, gently. I didn't want to start anything, but I knew that it was already blossoming into an argument like we'd had a few days ago.

"After everything?" he repeated questioningly.

"Aiden and Charlie, Taylor-"

"Do you always have to bring up Taylor?" he paused, "Shes not here anymore, can't you see that?"

"I know that, but it's not like I can forget walking in on you fucking her." I said, my voice raising.

He laughed, "This too?"
"Are you jealous?"

I shuddered at his words before stepping away from him.

"Are you gonna run away now? Just like always?"

"No, but I thought I'd get someone in case you tried to hit me again." I immediately the words once they left my mouth, watching his teeth begin to grit angrily and prepared myself.

"I don't get why you don't just fucking leave me," he snarled.

"Because I'm not giving up on us." A sharp stream of air blew from his nostrils, as if he was going to laugh.

"Tell me the truth,"

"That is the truth."

"Do you know what truth means?" he asked, "Do I have to give you some examples?"

His body approached mine, "You think you know everything about relationships but the truth is that the only one you've ever had is a complete train wreck. Your with someone who's cheated on you more times that he can count on his fingers. Who hits you, and makes you cry. Who makes you want to kill yourself. Who makes you feel worthless."

I could feel a surge of anger boiling within myself, because in some manipulated, messed up way, he was using my own words against me.

"Your parents left you because they didn't need you, and their lives are better than yours will ever be. Your best friend turned against you, and is sleeping with the person trying to kill you. You have no real friends."

His frame towered over me, and I could tell the final blow was close. So close I could practically feel the words brewing inside of his head. But before he could say anything worse, I did.

"You know that you have nothing without me? You don't have any family, and the people downstairs hate you."

He watched me intently, as I struggled to breath and find words. "And the only person who loves you, is done with you."

He looked hurt, but he had it coming after these few days. Pulling me out of my small guilt trip he began talking,

"And the only person you've ever really loved has never loved you back."

The words hit me like a freight train, and a lump formed in the back of my throat. And I couldn't seem to fight it off.

"I'm leaving."

Tears began forming in the corners of my eyes, and I could feel them beginning to drop.

My voice hitched as I began to speak, "Why don't you fuck some more girls while your at it?"

He moved around the room quickly, pulling on his shoes and grabbing a coat. "I will, don't you worry."

And with that he slammed the door shut, leaving me alone in the dark, surrounded by nothing but fucked up emotions and my own tears.