Part 2|Trust

Okay, I don't mean to sound like a bitch but i'm not updating until there are 20 comments anymore. Also, I'm almost done with volleyball season, sadly, but that means I'll be able to update tons more :)x

_________________

I walk in the front doors, and up the stairs to my locker. I open it up and grab a few books.

The school was completely deserted. But, it only was 7:30. First period began at 8:15, so I had 45 minutes to spare.

Better then being late. A smile sneaks on my lips thinking about a few days ago when Harry had woken me up late, and we'd gotten to school late.

But that smile vanishes as soon as a figure rounds the corner, my eyes widen at the sight of him, the sight of Charlie.

I take off towards the stairs and I can hear his footsteps behind me, not running- but walking. And I think that's what scares me the most. I hurry up the stairs, and rush down the empty hall grasping at the doorknobs in each direction, each is locked. I hurry down the hall and in a blink of an eye a door opens and grabs my body, pulling me into the small closet.

The door shuts and I'm surrounded my darkness, "What the hell-", as the words escape my mouth a hand reaches out to cover my mouth.

Panic sets in and I bite down onto the hand, causing it to just grab tighter. The person pulls me farther back, and in a moments notice the door flies open.

"You can't hide forever Charlotte." Charlie's voice coos softly, sifting through materials. He approaches me, standing still right infront of me. And then, he simply walks away.

He couldn't have missed me, he was standing directly infront of me! It was dark, but still the door had been open enough for light to stream through..

He must have seen me, right?

Well, he must not have, because he walks out and closes the heavy wooden door behind him.

The person's hand stays over my mouth firmly for the following minutes before I grab it with my own hands, and throw it at the person. "Who the hell are you, and what do you think your doing?" I ask sharply, still at a soft tone since Charlie still might be around.

"Shut up." The person I can now identify as a he demands, creeping towards the door. "No, I wont shut up-" He puts his finger into the air, signaling for me to be quiet. I direct a glare towards him, that he obviously couldn't see. But, it helped with the frustration on my part.

He opens the door slightly, looking around the hall's. In an instant, he's up and outside checking around. I follow right after him, "Your hand smells really bad." I say, crossing my arms as he looks around. "You don't have to be such a dick under pressure.", "And who the hell are you?" I inject, adding a mix of tones in as I speak.

He stops looking around and walks towards me, "You know, you should really stop complaining and be more appreciative, because I just saved your ass. And I've saved it twice before."

It's Daniel. My eyes widen, and I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I just stand there, speechless. I wasn't speechless because he had spoke to me that way. I was speechless because it was him. As we stood there in silence I began to take in his features,

Dark, thick lashes rim his chocolate eyes. His eyes match his deep skin color, that looked soft. His lips were in a straight line, clearly angry at me, but I could see his laugh lines from miles away. A Beanie was pulled over his hair and he had on a black shirt that fit him well.

"Well?" He asks harshly, "Thanks." I spit out, before my mind could even process a smart ass comment to meet his. His lips spread into a small smile, "I think we should get out of here." He says, and I nod. "We could go to the maple grove." Was he obsessed with that place? Or was he just planning to fucking murder me, and toss me over the edge of the reservoir? I smile instead, hiding my thoughts easily. "Oh. I don't know if I can, I might miss class-", "Oh, I see. Your a goody-goody, my bad." He says, putting his hands up in defense. "I'm not a goody-goody-" He begins to walk down the stairs, "Oh, sure you aren't." He says flatly.

I follow after him down the stairs, "I'm not. Trust me on that one." I say, as we exit the back doors. "Why should I trust you if you didn't show up here last time you said you would?" He asks, looking at me intently. "Because I didn't know who you were, how old you were, and how the hell you even knew me-"

"I'm Daniel Frost and I'm 18." I nod, pulling my jacket around me tighter. "And I've known you since you turned 17." My eyebrows raise, and I find myself speechless again. He seems so calm, "Maybe we should sit?" I nod, "Yeah maybe." I inject, as we both take a seat on a bench mid park.

"Harry had had his eyes on you entire junior year," He begins, his words already hitting me like water balloons on a cold day; unexpected and unpleasant. "I bet you know about how Harry had been with Taylor when Aiden was with her-", "I thought Aiden was Taylor's cousin?", "No. Aiden was Taylor's best friend in school, and just stuck around afterwards. He loved her more than she would ever love him, she actually didn't love him. Only in a brotherly way." I nod, so what else had Harry not told me?

"Taylor introduced Harry to Aiden, Austin, and Tony. Aiden had immediately hated Harry because of the fact, he knew Harry was using Taylor to just to- you know." I nod quickly.

Silence lingers between the momens he stops and begins to speak again, "Harry raped Taylor after she refused-" I'm taken aback, "Harry wouldn't do that, he couldn't. I know him." I muster, "Harry's not like that, I know he wouldn't because- he just wouldn't."

But he would, I thought about that night in the tent, He'd tried something with me, and when I refused he got angry and continued, I had to literally push him off of me to get him to stop. But I still couldn't actually believe that Harry had raped Taylor.

No.

Just no.

"Who's to say Taylor didn't like it, but she had refused.", "Tony and Aiden were in sophomore year along with Harry and Kate. Tony,  Aiden, and the rest of their gang-" I cut him off. "Gang as in?", "As in the Alley Runners. That's what their identified as in Seattle anyway." I nod, at yet another new piece of information.

"They began to threaten Kate, with words, notes, signals, sign language. Then they-" I stop him and caution for him to skip this part. He nods, seemingly genuinly saddened by it. "Their bullying strengthened, and Harry had been too focused on fucking up the Runners after what they did to Kate and he'd completely forgotten about comforting her. She killed herself a few weeks later.", "Harry shut down for a while." I shut my eyes softly, seeing the image of Harry depressed. The thought almost brought tears to my eyes for many reasons,

I hated seeing Harry sad. I hated it. Seeing him cry was even worse, I wish he never had to go through pain.  But at the same time I wanted him to, because he deserved it. I just, I don't know. Harry just did something to me, the way he spoke, his body language, everything about him pissed me off. But at the same exact time, it made me love him even more.

_________________

Ugh. Sorry it was so short, major writers block. x