part 3

The next day I woke up to the feeling of nausea. The sickening kind of nausea, that makes you want to collapse, puke, or both. Along with the nausea came a feeling that had been recurring each day since I'd been the hospital.

Which I couldn't quite remember how many. Four? Maybe, five. But either way, it was ten times worse than the nausea.

It felt like my world had completely stopped.

It felt like I was a child and had just put my favorite movie in the VCR and it had just gotten to my favorite scene, and right before my absolute, favorite part is paused.

Paused. Just flat out paused.

Then I had asked my mom to fix it and when she took it out of the player, she saw the jumbled up tape and began to flatten it out. Trying to explain to me what had happened but left out some parts on purpose.

Once she'd put it back in, everything seemed fine and normal but something still wasn't right about the movie.

Something wasn't adding up, something was missing.

My head shot up to the sound of heavy boots clicking against the floor, which I identified as Harry.

"Hey, baby."

He kissed my forehead before sitting down on the bed beside me.

"How are you feeling?"

What should I say? I defiantly wasn't 'fine'.

"Fine, I guess."

"What's going on?" he asked, touching his hand to my leg.

"Nothing."

He didn't reply, but his hand began to make soft circles into my thigh.

"It's just that you didn't seem very happy last night when I said that you were my boyfriend."

He laughed, but I couldn't tell if it was put on because his laugh was always beautiful.

"Where would you get that idea Char?"

"I heard you yelling once you left my room."

He hand paused momentarily before starting back up. "It's just kind of hard for me."

"What?" I asked.

"What?" he replied.

"What's hard for you?"

He laughed again, "Oh." it was silent for a few seconds before he began again. "The wreck and things."

I nodded, not wanting to talk about that anymore. I knew that I had been in a wreck but I didn't really want to think about the wreck.

"And, where are my parents?" I asked.

"I called them a few days ago and they should be on their way."

"Where were they this time?" I asked, smiling.

I missed them a lot and wandered how long ago I had seen them. (she doesn't remember the fight she had with her parents)

"It sounded like somewhere around Australia last time we spoke."

"Can I ask you one more thing?"

"Anything," he said, and I could tell he was smiling.

"How long have we been dating?"

I felt him shift in the bed uncomfortably.

"Around.. a year and a half." He paused, "I'll be right back. Okay?"

"Oh. Yeah, okay."

I felt him get off the bed and walk out of the room- rather quick.

Well, that was weird.