Part 2; Followed

{Listen to Safe & Sound: Taylor Swift}

Harry's POV:

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing, and stole, walking to the kitchen. It vibrated on the hard linoleum as I reached towards the island to pick it up; in hopes of it being Charlotte. Though I knew there was no chance of it. She was hurt, and flat out done with me. I could tell her I was going to change, and I was going to really try to, but I knew she wouldn't fall for it again.

"Your little slut's onto us, might wanna get to her before we do," I immediately knew it was Charlie. And the sound of his voice made my fist clench together, and my teeth grind. "Don't fucking call her that Charlie, I-", "She's walking towards us, she has no idea what's in store for her once we find her pretty little self."

"You touch her and I swear to god i'll kill you," I said, grabbing my jacket from the couch I'd set it on last night and hurrying out the door. "I'm not as easy as Tony was Harry," he interrupts and ends the call as I fly down the hall and out the front doors.

Hushed profanities exit my mouth as I rushed down the crowded sidewalk of business men and women on their phones which just increased my anxiety a few more levels..

I flicked the screen of my phone, finding the caller ID that had came with Charlie's phone call. The words read '4 Seasons, New York, NY', and I immediately knew where she was. She was going to see Jake.

I fucking told her not to mess with him! I never did really meet him, but I knew he worked for Aiden. And Emmy. Being as close as he was with Emmy; it didn't help the least bit.

I dialled Charlotte's number, and only heard the phone ringing two times before she answered, "You need to get out of there now." I rushed, my words slurring. "What?" she asked in a somewhat calm tone- at least calmer then mine. "How do you know where I am?" she asked.

"Just get out of there right now," I pleaded, darting I front of taxi's and cars as I passed a green light. They honked in unison shouting at me, and flipping there middle fingers out of darkly tinted windows. "Why?" she asked again, a bit more intense.

"Fuck Charlotte, just get out!" I yelled, catching a glimpse of the 4 Seasons around the corner.

And suddenly her end clicked, and a sharp dial tone took over my ear. "Charlotte?" I asked crossing the road, being met with vehicles and angry drivers again.

Fuck.

Unknown POV:

I picked up her phone from the floor, and scrolled down her recent calls, finding 'Harry' at the top of the list.

I pressed the call button and was surprised as he answered so quickly. "Charlotte, oh my fucking god. Are you okay?" he asked panicky, which sent a smile over my lips. Time for the mindfucks,

"Sorry, this isn't she," and with that, I hung up hearing slurred, rash words coming from the other end as I did so.

Charlotte's POV:

The screws finally came loose and I pulled off the metal covering, setting it down and crawling into the small vent.

I pulled back up the vents cover and pulled it backward into me, it clanged slightly against the vent making my heart fall out of my chest.

The footsteps had stopped a while back, and now replaced themselves with knocks on the door.

It was frightening in how they did so; their knuckles rapped against the door in a melody of some sort. Slow, and demonic- making sure they were scaring the literal shit out of me.

The knocks stopped, and momentarily, silenced filled the stuffy air of the vent around me,

Until the doorknob began to shake violently, looking and sounding like it was going to fall off. "Oh Charlotte!" the voice exclaimed. "I know your in there doll face!", "Come out, come out!" The voice, I know identified as a male, hummed loudly. And finally, the doorknob busted. Ricocheting across the small space, to the spot directly in front of me.

As it clanged on the wooden floor, it spun for a minute, before coming to a stop, mere inches, away from my bloody fingertips.

"You can't hide forever, this rooms only so big doll face," why in the hell did he keep calling me that? The voice speaking to me sounded nothing like any I've heard, it was so unfamiliar with me. Yet it made me cringe, the way he talked made me feel like he knew my darkest secrets and my deepest thoughts- ones that Harry didn't even know.

"We're not going to hurt you Charlotte," his voice said, and My wide eyes scanned the room for anything; a body, a shadow, even movement. But there was literally nothing.

I swear I had saw him walk in! The door opened, so someone must be in here.. The door couldn't have just opened by itself-

And suddenly, a figure appeared directly in front of me. I gasped and felt panic set in, but my body wasn't moving. It was paused in it's position, unable to move itself. My hands gripped tighter to the metal covering- the only thing that separated me from the man in front of me.

My knuckles began to turn white, mixing with the blood that now covered my body; it wasn't a pretty sight. Add those things to my eyes that I was sure looked like they were popping out of my fucking head, and my mouth that was gawking- to sum my appearance up, I probably looked like one of those idiotic girls from horror movies.

I tried to catch a glimpse of him as dim light seeped from the doorway, and I did,

His eyes were bright blue, stunning, and almost like ice. His thick lips were spread into a full smile, and as he squatted in front of me, his hands were folded across the open space between his muscular thighs.

"We're gonna kill you,"

I put my body into full gear, kicking the frozen, statue - like position out of the way;

I released my fingers from the metal, and turned myself around, beginning to crawl deeper into the vent.

Judging by his muscular build, it might take him a bit longer to get into the vent then it would me. So that would knock him down a few steps.

Though my head was trying to plan strategic steps to escape this- man, my body was the complete opposite..

I was jumpy, and I was panicked. Like what the hell was even happening? I tried to sum up the events leading to this but nothing seemed to make sense,

Yes, the destruction in the lobby should've been a warning not to keep walking. And the banging should have been a clue also, but it was Austin and Jake. I could just leave them..

And the texts.

They both text me, asking if I was ok. They must've known what was going to happen, or it was already happening-

A hand grasps onto my ankle, pulling me backward. I kick at the person, and they grip disappears, telling me that I've hit them. I look back seeing him tumble and continue crawling forward,

The vent splits in 3, and I take the right side seeing light at the end,

Once I reach it, I withdrawal the bobby pin from my hair again and begin to work on the screws. Still continuing to look over my shoulder in search for the person following me, knowing he'd be close.

I get the first 2 screws out easily, but as I look behind me,

Everything turns black..