Part 2; Trigger

Charlotte's POV:

My eyes opened slowly, wiping the crust from the eyelids; I found complete darkness surrounding me.

Harry's deep breathing was calming to my abrupt wake-up, I pawed around the corner I was in but once I began to crawl out, his arm stopped me. "What are you doing?" his voice was deep and croaky.

I pushed through his limp arm easily, "just looking outside," he nodded then yawned and sat up, running his hands through hair.

I stood up once I got past our makeshift bed, and walked towards the edge of the train. It was moving fast along the tracks beneath it, as snow continued falling from the sky.

It looked like we had gotten about five or six inches since last night!

Harry came from behind me, and I turned to face him as he was pulling on his flannel. "Jesus,"

I nodded, watching his fingers move swiftly along the buttons. "How cold do you think it is?" I asked, his dark eyes flew from his shirt to up in front of him. They darted along the white snow, and his lips formed into a line as he shrug. "I don't know," his eyes floated to me, "maybe -14, 15?"

I nodded, trying to avoid his eyes. He smiled slightly, before fixing back on his buttons.

I continued looking from the snow to him, watching him struggle to get the last three buttons. My hand moved to cover my mouth as a laugh tried to escape me.

"You think it's so funny?" he asked, I nodded, "Yes, I do actually," "You couldn't do it," he grumbled trying at the buttons again. "well it's not rocket science," I mumbled, trailing into laughter. "Then you come and do it smart ass," he said with a smile, I shrugged and walked towards him.

Pushing his hands away, I reached for the buttons. I could barley reach, "lean down slender man," he bent down a bit, and I began on his buttons. "Who's slender man ?" I laughed, "you don't know who slender man is?"

"No..", "well, It's a game." I got to the last button, "Very explanatory," he said with a smirk. I finished, and looked up at him as he straightened himself out.

We stood there for a moment, in a silence. Complete silence.

"The trains slowing down," Harry began, walking towards the edge. He swung his head around the corner, and motioned for me. "We're gonna jump, and mix with the others who are getting off."

Jump?

The train was still moving pretty fast, and did he see how high up we were? Jesus! Was he insane?

"Uh Harry," he smiled, "its fine," my eyebrows furrowed inward at him. "Bu-", "I'll be right beside you," He said, reaching for me.

I sucked in a sharp breath and grasped his hand, his fingers ran through mine and he looked around the edge once more.

It wasn't such a big jump..

"1,"

I mean, it was only a few feet. It couldn't hurt- that bad.

"2,"

Fuck.

Harry's POV:

She clenched her eyes together tightly, and followed me in the jump.

It was barley three feet- if even, but she had psyched herself out of landing the jump and fell.

The snow puffed around her body, as she laid face first in it.

I hunched over my knees almost instantly, feeling overwhelming laughter inside my lungs. I couldn't find any words, or even a voice as she laid motionless in the snow.

I reached out towards her, "c'mon," still laughing, she raised her head. Her face was red, and she looked stunned but I couldn't stop laughing! Actually, at this point, I was in hysterics.

I grabbed her forearm and helped her up, before pulling her towards the exiting passengers.

We blended in quickly, getting pushed at just like all the others. Although, I was taller than most of them, so I had an advantage of seeing where we were going.

I looked back to check that Charlotte was still there, and as I thought, she was. Bright eyed and rosy cheeks, she tried to peer over the other people around us, but could barley see over the elderly woman in front of us.

I laughed to myself and began to push through the others, I pulled her through with me as we got out of the train station.

We stood in the middle of swirling people, which resembled schools of fish. "Do you know where we are?" she asked, her eyes floating around the dark sky above us. The stars were beginning to fade, and snow was still coming down at a heavy pace.

"No clue," we began to walk along the crowd again, and soon we found signs.

Columbus?

She seemed to know exactly where we were, unlike I did. I felt like I had heard about it before, wasn't it like a state capitol?

"We're in Ohio," she announced, and that rang a bell. I pointed toward a sign above us that read, 'airport' in bold letters. "I bet flights are leaving in a bit, there has to be one to Seattle,"

Charlotte's POV:

As we walked along the sidewalk, I couldn't help but wonder where he had gotten money to afford 2 plane tickets from Ohio to Washington, in not even a days notice?

He must be freaking loaded,

Taking into consideration, he had a fucking three story mansion back in Seattle, he'd gotten a huge apartment, on the good side of town in New York, and now the tickets?

I mean, thought I knew everything about Harry. But maybe there was still a lot to find out.

And that thought kind of scared me..

___________________________

Unknown POV:

I watched as he took her hand in his, helping her up the steep concrete steps. They both laughed, and their fingers lingered in position before she pulled away.

She shouldn't be with him,

And soon, she wouldn't.

I withdrew the small hand gun from my pocket, and slowly positioned it against the open window in front of me.

Finding target, my finger pulled back the trigger and..