Fifteen.

- Kacey's POV -

The next day, I had an appointment with Doctor Johnson concerning my heart condition and I seriously didn't want to go. Especially not alone.

But Justin was at work and my appointment was in thirty. So who else was there to call. None other than my two best friends.

Cookie and Mel.

"Of course honey. We wouldn't leave you. See you in fifteen," Mel said. I'm so happy they decided to move to Ćenàla. Otherwise I had no choice but to go on my own.

I said a quick thank you and she hung up. I sighed and went downstairs to fix myself a cup of coffee.

Grabbing a filler and coffee beans, I loaded the coffee pot with the ingredients and proceeded to wait for it to fill up the pot.

I grabbed my cream and sugar once it was finished and poured the hot substance in a mug. I added my cream and sugar, poured it into the coffee and stirred it. I placed my spoon in the sink and took a sip.

Hopefully this will calm my nerves.

I sat down on a stool by the island and just sat there. What if I never get better? What if they never find a cure and I could possibly die from this?

If I could go back into that night at the hotel, I would change the way that I reacted to when Justin said he couldn't be with me.

I should have never gotten into that car. Let alone talked to a man that I barely even know who was all along working with my crazed uncle.

I couldn't even fathom all of the negative things going through my mind right now. I heavily sighed and took another drink of my coffee. I need to stop overthinking with all these negative thoughts in my head.

I heard a knock on the door and so placed my cup down. "Coming," I said while jogging a bit to the door. I unlocked the door and there was Cookie and Mel. They walked in and I closed the door behind them.

"Damn! This is beautiful Kace," Cookie said while looking around Justin and I's home. I smiled and said thank you.

"This is gorgeous. I'm happy for y'all," Cookie said.

"Agreed but you ready to go?" Mel asked me.

"Wait while I go and get my bag and shoes," I told them. I jogged up the stairs into the bedroom and grabbed my shoes and bag and rushed back downstairs. I slipped on my shoes and we were out the door.

I closed my door and locked it behind me. We walked to Mel's car and I hopped in the passenger's side. She started up the car and drove out into the highway. "Oh yes, don't think we forget. Did our lessons help you with your sex life?" Cookie nudged me. I gasped and hit her.

"Nosey."

"Hey we warned you. So might as well tell us," Mel said while making a right turn. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Recapping on the past two occasions.

I told them everything that happened. How it lead up, how he touched me, how he caressed me, and etc. I didn't tell them everything because they didn't need to know all that extra stuff.

I heard Cookie sniffles and I looked back at her. "What's wrong?"

"My girl is finally growing up. That night you became a woman," she said while dabbing her eyes. I gawked at her and turned back around. "Sounds like Bieber put in that work," Mel said while driving up into the hospital's driveway.

My mood instantly changed. I became nervous and sad. "Yea," I mumbled. "He did."

Going into the examination room, I had to go in myself so Cookie and Mel had to sit in the waiting room. I was fidgeting in my seat, trying to prepare myself for what was to come.

He came in in two minutes. "Kacey. How's our Queen doing today?" He asked me. He reached his hand out for me to shake it.

"Good," I said while giving him a small smile. I shook his hand back.

"Amazing. Let's get started with your check up first," he said. I nodded and he took out his stethoscope to check my heart beats, my intestinal movements, etc.

Next he checked my temperature. He measured my weight and height. Then he used an Ophthalmoscope to check my eyes. Lastly he checked my ears.

"Everything is good. Seems fine, just your heart rate seems to be decreasing a tad," he said while writing it down. I gulped and started to twiddle my thumbs.

"Doctor Johnson how much longer do I have really?" I asked him. I wanted him to stop sugar coating. He looked up from his writing, pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.

"Kacey. The medicine managed to slow down the progress of the arsenic poisoning in your heart but it hasn't fully took it away. We still have some scientists finding a cure now so you can live longer and experience life longer. I haven't given up hope on this and neither should you," he encouraged me.

I wiped a tear that threatened to fall. "Just keep praying and don't ever give up. It'll get better Kacey," he told me. I gave Doctor Johnson a hug.

"Thank you so much," I told him.

"No problem. Also don't forget to take your medicine everyday or I'll whoop you," he said, making me giggle a bit. "Don't worry. Justin has been on my back about that."

"As he should," Doctor Johnson gave me a stern eye. "I'm going to continue to take it. I promise," I told him while getting up from the chair. "You better. See you soon my Queen," he bowed to me.

He opened the door for me and I walked out. Cookie and Mel saw me coming out of the room and they stood up.

"Everything okay?" Mel asked.

"Yea," I half lied not telling them about the poisoning that still sat within my heart. "Let's go," I told them while linking arms with both and walking out.

~~~~~

Votes: 10+
Comments: 5+
😈😈😈😈