Eighty.

- Justin's POV -

The month soon ended and Kacey, the kids and I have three more days until our vacation. We had almost everything packed but we had a few more things and then we were ready for Hawaii.

I was in the studio with the Usher Raymond, Jason Boyd, Andre Harris and Ryan Toby. I was just thinking about Kacey and I like I always do and how our lives have changed.

So much good but yet bad times comes as well.

And like always we conquer it.

So I've decided to do devote an album to my baby girl. And it isn't an anniversary or birthday types of things. It's a just because I love you types of things.

Me and this woman went through hell and back and yet we still overcome obstacles that life continues to throw our ways.

I already had seven songs completed. They were currently All Bad, All That Matters, One Life which Drake helped me write, Hold Tight, Recovery, Bad Day, and What's Hatnin' which features Future. This just because gift is supposed to be finished by August. I don't know the specific date but whatever happens, happens.

Now I was currently writing Heartbreaker.

I only had the first verse and we were trying to come up with a chorus. I was exhausted as hell. It was 1 a.m and I know Kacey was still up waiting for me. I only had another hour in the studio before my session was over.

"Justin did you come up with something yet?" Andre asked me.

I shook my head, typical writer's block. "Nothing."

"Well this is your story basically. We need to know what's this song is, means, to you. What is it about?"

"The song basically means that I'm not a bad man even though I did make bad decisions. I mean shit I'm human. I make mistakes," I said. I placed my notepad and mechanical pencil that I was currently holding to the side of me. I leaned back into the sofa, intertwining my fingers against my belly.

"I remembered before Kacey and I were married, hell even before we had the kids were even born, I did the dumbest shit that I never thought I would bring myself to do," I laughed at myself. "I cheated and proved her family right at one point that I wasn't right for her. She basically told me that I was just like the others and she got back at me but luckily by the grace of God, I got her back. Event though it wasn't easy. She didn't wanna talk at all. No phone calls, no visits, nothing but through all of it, I still thought of her," I vented.

We stayed silent for a moment. Well me because I was still reminiscing on what happened years ago. Jason, Andre, and Usher were bouncing ideas around specifically on what I said. Ryan was still silent as well.

After a couple of minutes, Usher told me to get into the booth. He gave me a piece of paper and I walked in.

Andre told me to place the headphones on and I scrunched up my eyebrows but proceeded to do so. We weren't ready to record.

"Wassup? Why am I -"

"We need to see how this is going to flow so just go with it Bizzle," Jason said. I nodded.

I grabbed the stool that was placed in the corner of the studio and brought it towards the mic. I placed the sheets of paper on the metal podium and brought it up closer towards me. "Okay whenever y'all are ready," I said.

I heard the beat that was produced by Maejor Ali, T. Minus, Chef Tone and I. That took only a week and a half to produce.

Girl you don't know how I feel
Since you been away oh baby
Any chance that you could take my call?
If you got you today
You say that you don't wanna talk but it's cool
Been thinkin' about you all day long, hopin' you'll pick up your phone
And I know that I don't wanna lose your love oh baby, oh baby

Oh girl I got a secret place that we can go
'Cause I really wanna be alone
Baby nobody else gotta know
Just meet me later on the low
Don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
'Cause girl my heart's breaking
Don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
'Cause girl my heart's breaking (heartbreaker)

I heard them turn off the beat. I looked up from the notes.

"Yo! We just found our chorus. That was perfect," Andre said. I gave him a half-smile with a thumbs up. Not saying I'm not happy but I'm tired.

I grabbed my phone out. I have thirty texts. I laughed. Why wasn't she asleep?

 Why wasn't she asleep?

(Excuse the time)

I texted her telling her I was on my way. I placed everything back where it was and got out of the booth. Stretching once I got out, I grabbed my keys and jacket.

"Well I'll be back tomorrow after I get off of work which will be around 12 so I'll see y'all tomorrow. I have a wife who is waiting for me and is going to be pissed once I walk through the door," I said while placing my jacket on. "Pray for me."

I opened the door. I heard them laughing at me but I was for real. I walked to the elevators.

Clicking the open button, I waited for the doors to open up.

Ding!

Hurry up 😩

I rolled my eyes. Impatient little girl.

The doors finally opened and I boarded the elevators. I pressed the lot button which meant for the parking lot. The doors closed.

I sighed.

What a long night. I've been at the studio for seven hours. This has been a daily routine for a month. I'm surprised Kacey hasn't accused me of anything even though she has nothing to worry about.

Climbing into my car, I put the key into the ignition. I placed my seat belt on, put my car in drive and drove off home.

~~~~~

Comments: 4+
Votes: 15+
💍🌸💍🌸