Forty-Two.

-Kacey's POV-

So I was asleep until my estranged friend woke me up telling me that I had an appointment with my midwife. Honestly I didn't care.

I just wanted to be in bed all day so I just told them that I was not going.

...

I should've known that they weren't going to take no for an answer. I saw Mel walking into my bathroom and I suddenly hear water being turned on. I didn't think too much about it. So I just closed my eyes and tried to get some more sleep.

So I felt my clothes suddenly being taking off. I looked down and saw Cookie taking off my shorts and panties. Soon Mel was helping her, taking off my shirt.

The next thing I know, I'm completely bare.

"What are you doing?!" I screamed at the both of them. Instead, they ignore me and then Cookie grabbed my ankles and Mel grabbed my wrist.

"On three lift."

"One."

...

"Two."

...

"Three."

Then I was separated from my bed and they took me into the bathroom and sat me in the tub. Now I was pissed off and they were telling me to get ready but I refused and we've been going at it for over ten minutes until Mel went to go call somebody."

"Kacey I'm not about to bathe you."

"I didn't ask you too. Look I don't want to go to the damn appointment so can y'all please leave," I said while rolling my eyes.

God. My friends were so fucking annoying it was ridiculous.

"Kacey this isn't up for discussion. You are going to see how my babies are doing. Now bathe!" Mel yelled at me.

I folded my arms across my bare chest. "No."

I heard a knock on the door and Mel muttered "I hope that's him." She walked out of the room leaving me and Cookie. "Kacey we are only doing this because we love you."

I rolled my eyes and leaned back into the tub. "If you loved me, you'll leave and leave me alone."

Cookie huffed. "Yea like we're ever gonna do that." I heard footsteps coming into the bathroom and I saw Mel coming back in.

Along with Justin.

My breathing hitched. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked. I was fuming by now and every time I looked at him, I either wanted to cry or stab him or both.

"Kacey, we called him to help us help you. And also he deserves to be here even despite what he has done. I mean he is your kids father," Mel said to me.

"Yea. A lying, cheating one at that," I said while crossing my legs together. He doesn't deserve to see me.

"Look we'll give you guys some time to talk. And will you please just bathe?" Cookie asked me.

"No," I said while clenching my teeth. I just want to be left alone. That's all I want. I'm not doing this because I don't love my kids because I do. It's just that, I'm lost. I don't know what to do, think, or say anymore.

I just did not want to get out of bed today or any other day.

Mel and Cookie left, leaving Justin and I. We stayed silent for a second, avoiding eye contact. I don't even see why he's here. He obviously wanted Hailey so ...

Justin took his off his flannel shirt, leaving his in his white tee. He grabbed a washcloth and a bottle of body wash. "Kacey, look please just don't jerk away from me or be stubborn. Just let me wash you," Justin said.

I didn't say anything.

He squirted some of the body wash into the washcloth and began to bathe me in silence. I didn't have the strength to fight him, curse at him, or anything. I just cooperated.

"Stand up," he said to me after he was finished. He held out his hands to me to help me up and I took them. Justin hoisted me up. I step out of the tub and Justin wrapped me into the towel.

He was about to carry me but I stopped him. "Thanks but I don't need your help to walk," I said. I walked into the bedroom and sighed.

"There's your clothes," Mel said pointing to them. I looked over to the side of the bed and saw that they've picked out my outfit. I silently thanked them.

"Can you guys please leave so I can get dressed?"

"Sure. Just let us know when you're done."

I nodded. They all walked out, Justin being the last. Before he walked out, he just stared at me and I didn't know what to do or say so I just shut the door.

Walking over to my dresser, I grabbed my cocoa butter lotion and lotioned up my body and put on some deodorant.

Once I was finished, I went over to the outfit Cookie and Mel set out for me and started to get dress. When I was completely dressed, I grabbed my socks and shoes and placed both of them on my feet.

I walked over to the dresser, grabbed my phone, keys, and purse and headed out of the door. I walked downstairs and saw Cookie, Mel, and Justin sitting in the living room.

"I'm ready," I barely said but apparently they still heard me. "Okay, uhm, who are you riding with?" Cookie asked me.

I looked over at Justin and saw that his eyes lightened up. I looked away from them and looked at Cookie again. "I'm riding with Mel," I said.

"Aight then. I'll ride with you Bizzle, so let's go," Cookie said. I turned around and headed straight for the door. I opened it and waited for them to exit my house. Once everyone was outside, I closed the door and locked it.

I placed my keys into my purse. I walked downstairs to Mel's car and opened the door, climbing in. I closed the door behind me and buckled up. I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to prepare myself for the appointment.

"Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and looked at Mel. I felt overwhelmed and couldn't help the tears falling from my eyes. "No. I'm not."

~~~~~

Comments: 5+
Votes: 15+
🐾🐾🐾🐾