Thirty-Three

-Kacey's POV-

I did what my mother told and pushed that encounter with my grandmother in the back of my mind. Making it back home, I went upstairs to fix my makeup a bit. When my mom was telling me her story, apparently my eyes started to water.

I wasn't crying. There was just onions around and you know how that goes. My eyes just started to water. I'm not emotional at all.

Once I was finished, I put my makeup up. I went back downstairs and tole everyone to hurry before we were late. They all rushed towards the front door. Jason was hopping out of his room, placing his shoes on.

"Okay, let's go."

It was now 1:47 and we were on our way to the venue.

Jeremy was driving Justin's Range Rover. It was me, Justin, and Jazzy in with Jeremy. Pattie and Jason took their Mercedes. Justin was pouring because he couldn't drive.

I sucked my teeth. "Justin you don't even know where we're going," I said. He folded his arms, sinking down into his seat. "So," he said. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior.

He looked down at me. I looked down too and my mouth gaped open. "Roll it back down," he said, referring to my shirt.

"Oh my gosh," I groaned. He was treating me like a child but he's acting childish. That doesn't even make sense. I didn't even roll it down.

He smacked his lips and rolled it down for me.

"You get on my nerves."

"I love you too."

We made it to the venue and found a parking spot. There was a lot of people. Justin didn't know I was having a party for him because I told him we were just going out for dinner. I can be pretty convincing. Jeremy turned off the car. Pattie pulled it right beside him.

They started to get out of the car. Before I did, I grabbed a bandana that I bought and then got out of the car, shutting the door behind me. While Justin was turned around, I placed the blindfold over his head and then adjusted it over his eyes.

"Baby what are you-"

"Hush, now give me your hand. And don't remove the blindfold until I tell you too," I demanded.

"Yes ma'am."

I rolled back up my shirt and then I called Jazzy. "Go in and tell my mother that we're here," I said.

She nodded and went inside. "Can I go in too bae?" Jason asked. Justin smacked his lips. "Man she's not yours," Justin said. He put his hands in the air, trying to feel something. He placed his hands on me and pushed me towards him.

"She's not mines yet," Jason said. I laughed. This man is so delusional.

"Jason just go inside," I huffed.

He walked down towards the doors and went inside. Once he went in Jazzy came out and she told us they were set. I smiled and nodded. "Okay, Justin give me your hand."

I grabbed his hand. We began to walk towards the door. The room was quiet and everyone was as well. Some hid and others just stayed in there place once we entered.

"Kacey."

"I'm still here. On the count of three, take off your blindfold."

He nodded.

"Okay."

"One."

...

"Two."

...

"Three."

He ripped off the blindfold.

"Happy Birthday Justin!"

Everyone jumped up and yelled. Justin eyes bulged and he had a Kool-Aid grin on his face. "You know I had to go overboard," I said.

His best friend from college came up and gave him a hug. "Long time no see."

"Look at you. How long has it been? Three years?"

Nathan nodded. "Better not be that long after today or I'll whoop your ass," Nathan said.

"Bizzle!" I looked and saw Khalil running up to Justin. Khalil jumped on Justin, giving him a hug. Justin almost lost his footing when he did that.

"Your ugly as is finally 28. Man you getting old," Khalil said, ruffling his hair. I smacked Khalil's hand.

"Ow!"

"It took me forty five minutes to get his hair like that. You are not about to mess up my work," I said. I began to try to fix Justin's hair back like I had it.

People started to come up and wish Justin a happy birthday. He kindly thanked him.

"Thank you love."

"For what?" I asked him, trying to get a certain piece to cooperate. I wasn't really paying attention to Justin. He grabbed my hands and gave them a kiss. I raised my eyebrows at his gesture.

"For doing all of this."

I smiled and got on my tippy toes a bit, giving him a kiss. "No problem baby." He gave me a hug and we sat there for a while, just enjoying holding each other.

"Alright lovebirds. Now can we go dance?" I looked and saw Mel. Her and Cookie was standing there, arms folded.

"Well hello to you too," Justin said unenthusiastically.

"Hey Justin," Cookie said.

"Hey Cookie," he said.

"C'mon Kace. Let's go dance."

The D.J. was playing Pour It Up by Rihanna. I got a little hyped then. Cookie grabbed my hand, beginning to lead me to the dance floor. I grabbed Justin's hand too.

He was going to dance as well.

Finding a spot on the dance floor, we started to dance a bit. Justin had his hands on my waist and I was grinding on him a bit. Not too much since there was a lot of people and I didn't want to practically have sex while we were dancing.

Cookie and Mel were twerking. Once again, extra. But they were getting it. I egged them on a bit.

"Get it Cookie. Get it!" I yelled above the music

Justin laughed. "Your best friends are weird," Justin said to me. I laughed with him as well. They are weird but I love them so much.

"I thought you been knew that," I said, turning my head a bit just to look at him.

~~~~~

Comments: 10+
Votes: 15+
🌚🌚🌚🌚